News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

issues with older factory CD player (wont play burned discs well)

Started by disco, June 28, 2010, 09:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disco

So the subject kinda says it all. I just bought a 2000 toyota tacoma that has a factory CD/cass player. When I put in a freshly burned CD the disc exhibits a clicking sound, skips or just won't play. Any "worn in" cd won't even register, just kinda stalls on a flashing "track 1" until I take the disc out. I received a bunch of dead tapes as a kickdown a few weeks ago so I have those to listen to but I'd much prefer to rock some CD's. I use nero to burn but could easily grab another program or whatever. Am I fucked or can I get some CD's to play?
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

twatts

Get a new head unit...  Then buy my Soundstream Van Gogh amp (I have one for sale)...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

kellerb

Sometimes they're brand-picky, sometimes they're burn-speed picky.  Sometimes they can barely handle any burned disc.

I don't know how to clean the lens on a car-cd player, but if there's a way, I'd try that

khalpin

My wife's car player (also from 2000) won't play the cheapo discs, but it'll play Taiyo Yudens fine.  Try different discs.