News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

9/11> a discussion

Started by susep, June 18, 2006, 01:10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

antelope19

Watching footage on Discovery of these horrible tragedies this evening I s still extremely upsetting 13 years later. :cry:

I will never forget where I was when I heard the news. I can't even imagine what it would've been like to have been in NYC. It was so surreal driving around that day knowing what had happened less than 40 miles my from house at the pentagon.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

runawayjimbo

Wow, am I (read: you guys) glad I wasn't around when this thread started.

Quote from: sophist on June 19, 2006, 05:41:04 PM
one more thought, as a libertarian I see politics from a 3rd party perspective, so as a result it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth when it comes to dems and pubs.

Who's this guy?
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

antelope19

Hicks

Quote from: Hicks on June 19, 2006, 12:54:15 PM
I'll say it again, Iraq has nothing to do with 9/11!!!  Sorry if you're sick of the subject but we're in a heap of trouble over there and it ain't going away anytime soon ("that's something for future presidents to decide").   The real question is, what's the solution?  I can't really advocate cutting and running, because that will only further destablize an already dangerous situation.  But make no mistake we are making more enemies by our presence in Iraq with the daily killing of civilians.  It's an awful mess when you get right down to it, and the fact of the matter is that it all could have been avoided. 

Eight years later and it's still a mess . .   Thanks Obama! 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

antelope19

Quote from: Hicks on September 12, 2014, 01:19:14 AM
Quote from: Hicks on June 19, 2006, 12:54:15 PM
I'll say it again, Iraq has nothing to do with 9/11!!!  Sorry if you're sick of the subject but we're in a heap of trouble over there and it ain't going away anytime soon ("that's something for future presidents to decide").   The real question is, what's the solution?  I can't really advocate cutting and running, because that will only further destablize an already dangerous situation.  But make no mistake we are making more enemies by our presence in Iraq with the daily killing of civilians.  It's an awful mess when you get right down to it, and the fact of the matter is that it all could have been avoided. 

Eight years later and it's still a mess . .   Thanks Obama!

Hickstrodamus

emay

That Hunter S Thompson article he wrote about 9/11 is very prescient

"fear and loathing in america" I think it was called.