News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rd. 1: Lawrence of Arabia vs. Scarface ('83)

Started by cactusfan, May 08, 2012, 03:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 09, 2012, 08:38:27 AM
Quote from: whatapiper on May 08, 2012, 11:50:17 PM
wow really close!  Scarface should win on principal alone.  :roll:

You mean it's lack thereof?
Scarface is a tedious movie about a guy that isn't even likable.

and its so overacted by pacino that its laughable.

Lifeboy

I've never seen Lawrence of Arabia, so I think I'm going to watch it tomorrow and make my vote then.

Although I think Scarface is pretty good movie, I have always felt like it was indeed a bit overrated.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

danje

Love that one moonlit desert scene from Lawrence.

I like Scarface's soundtrack.

cactusfan

i find it suspicious that no one who voted for scarface is speaking up about it.
or telling.

khalpin

Quote from: cactusfan on May 10, 2012, 02:37:06 AM
i find it suspicious that no one who voted for scarface is speaking up about it.
or telling.
My guess is that a good portion of the Scarface voters have never seen Lawrence of Arabia.

Multibeast12

Quote from: cactusfan on May 10, 2012, 02:37:06 AM
or telling.
yeah i really wanna hear why one would chose scarface over Lawrence of Arabia.

danje

Interesting fact about Lawrence of Arabia: there are no women with credited speaking roles.

sls.stormyrider

there's a reason for that.

women or no women, laurence of Arabia was a classic.
easiest decision so far
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Quote from: danje on May 10, 2012, 04:30:56 PM
Interesting fact about Lawrence of Arabia: there are no women with credited speaking roles.

Who needs talking?

qop24

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

cactusfan

looks like order is being restored in the universe...Lawrence pulls ahead!

now, if it was up against Howard Hawks's '32 version of Scarface, we'd at least have something to argue about. that movie is badass.

mopper_smurf

I voted Scarface.

I tried watching Lawrence of Arabia a couple of times. About as interesting as TTE.

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

cactusfan

Quote from: mopper_smurf on May 11, 2012, 02:54:34 PM
I voted Scarface.

I tried watching Lawrence of Arabia a couple of times. About as interesting as TTE.

that's like saying "i tried listening to Hendrix a couple of times. About as interesting as John Tesh."

mopper_smurf

Quote from: cactusfan on May 11, 2012, 04:18:22 PM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on May 11, 2012, 02:54:34 PM
I voted Scarface.

that's like saying "i tried listening to Hendrix a couple of times. About as interesting as John Tesh."

I Googled John Tesh just now. Never heard of him. I wasn't aware he played Monterey too  :evil:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Tesh
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy