News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

iPhone Thread

Started by mattstick, July 10, 2008, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

VDB

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 15, 2017, 12:49:50 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on September 15, 2017, 12:04:49 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on September 15, 2017, 12:01:59 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 15, 2017, 09:11:44 AM
Ordered an 8 for myself. This 5s has been good to me but it's time.

Just did the same as my 6 as been unable to hold a charge for a while now. Still not happy about the no headphone jack but the wireless charging somewhat offsets that for me.

They can pry the Home button from my cold dead hands.

This is why I only upgraded recently from 5c > 6s

I've been using the dongle thing for a while (with my work provided (by myself, the IT guy) iPhone7) and it's fine. I leave it attached to the headphones. It works.

My big question with the dongle is how noticeable it is in your pocket. Does it clearly feel like you have an extra thing extruding from your phone? I listen to stuff at the gym regularly, and the phablet already takes up enough room in my gym short pockets. I worry a dongle would put things over the top, especially with moving around and being active.
Is this still Wombat?

ph92

Quote from: VDB on September 16, 2017, 09:27:15 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 15, 2017, 12:49:50 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on September 15, 2017, 12:04:49 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on September 15, 2017, 12:01:59 PM

Just did the same as my 6 as been unable to hold a charge for a while now. Still not happy about the no headphone jack but the wireless charging somewhat offsets that for me.

They can pry the Home button from my cold dead hands.

This is why I only upgraded recently from 5c > 6s

I've been using the dongle thing for a while (with my work provided (by myself, the IT guy) iPhone7) and it's fine. I leave it attached to the headphones. It works.

My big question with the dongle is how noticeable it is in your pocket. Does it clearly feel like you have an extra thing extruding from your phone? I listen to stuff at the gym regularly, and the phablet already takes up enough room in my gym short pockets. I worry a dongle would put things over the top, especially with moving around and being active.
I don't have one, so I cannot speak from experience. But the actual part itself is super tiny. It's like two to three inches of a charging cable plus a little headphone adapter at the very end of it. very minimal.

No in-line microphone support though
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

antelope19

Why is there so much discussion about the dongle in VDB's pants?
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

kellerb

The Ongle of the Dongle is inversely proportion to the heat of the beat.

rowjimmy

I don't think the dongle is two inches long. Certainly no more.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 17, 2017, 09:38:38 AM

So, twice the size of VDB's dongle?

I'll show myself out.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

antelope19

Quote from: runawayjimbo on September 19, 2017, 10:56:53 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 17, 2017, 09:38:38 AM

So, twice the size of VDB's dongle?

I'll show myself out.

ZING!!!!

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mattstick

I'm currently loading iOS11 with no idea what the new features are ;)

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on September 19, 2017, 03:34:30 PM
I'm currently loading iOS11 with no idea what the new features are ;)

Gonna do this tonight on the work phone.

Caravan2001

Nice dude. That's a big jump. New phones are fun.

sls.stormyrider

I have the 7+. Got the larger one for the camera. It took a little to get used to holding the larger phone but I love the larger screen and wouldn't go back
The dongle is no big deal. I keep it on my headphones. Before I got the 7 I got plantronics blue tooth earbuds for the gym and working in the yard cause the cord would always get stuck somewhere and pull them out. Was glad I did. I use the wired phones w dongle other times and it's fine
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

VDB

I go on vacation for a few days and everyone gets VDB dongle fever.

Understandable.
Is this still Wombat?

tet

I'm still with the 7+ (in Jet Black, or course), and think I'm going to wait around for the X.  I am not sure if I will like the facial recognition thing over the fingerprint, which is incredibly convenient and reliable.  I suppose the facial thing will be nice when wearing gloves and have wet hands or something, but I fear it will be annoying when laying in bed at night and wanting to check the phone for something.  It may also unlock the phone way more often than I'd want, when just a glance at my notifications was the intention.  Won't it be too easy to authorize payments and purchases on the App Store with this??  Curious how these issues will play out in reality... 

While talking about dongles, I do the same as you guys and leave that attached to my Shures at all times, while using my Air Pods on a daily basis.  If you haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet, do it.  As I said in the Air Pods thread, they are the best thing that Apple has EVER sold.   
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

rowjimmy

Quote from: tet on September 22, 2017, 11:14:46 AM

While talking about dongles, I do the same as you guys and leave that attached to my Shures at all times, while using my Air Pods on a daily basis.  If you haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet, do it.  As I said in the Air Pods thread, they are the best thing that Apple has EVER sold.   

Still so wary of them as their regular earbuds which seem clearly to have the same shape do not stay in my ears at all. They either fall out or dangle loosely and sound shitty (because they're not well fitted.)