News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NEED WINDOWS HELP!!

Started by VA $l!m, November 28, 2013, 01:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

w00t!
:banana:

thanks every1, finally boned up and got this done today.
big ups to the bro in law for the backup.

ya miss me?!!?  :evil:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA $l!m on January 03, 2014, 04:30:41 PM
w00t!
:banana:

thanks every1, finally boned up and got this done today.
big ups to the bro in law for the backup.

ya miss me?!!?  :evil:

Welcome Back

VA $l!m

well, didnt have any issues with windows after this episode, but the other night i unplugged my laptop and now i cant get it to turn back on, lol.

it turns on i guess, but then shuts down without running anything or the screen turning on.
i think it might be the battery? idk.

not lookin good unless i can get it looked at.
have a good spring every1 i prob wont be around much. 8-)

PIE-GUY

Quote from: VA $l!m on February 14, 2014, 12:24:32 PM
well, didnt have any issues with windows after this episode, but the other night i unplugged my laptop and now i cant get it to turn back on, lol.

it turns on i guess, but then shuts down without running anything or the screen turning on.

if it's the battery you should be able to run it by taking the battery out and plugging in. with a dead battery in there it will die every time even if plugged in. With no battery in it should bypass and run like a desktop.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VA $l!m

Quote from: PG on February 14, 2014, 12:44:22 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on February 14, 2014, 12:24:32 PM

if it's the battery you should be able to run it by taking the battery out and plugging in. with a dead battery in there it will die every time even if plugged in. With no battery in it should bypass and run like a desktop.
k, thx ill try that.

VA $l!m

didnt work i dont think.
all it does when i hit the power button is the power lights come on for a second, then i hear the fan rev up and then it cuts out right away and everythin dies, lol.

its weird cause everythin seemed normal until i unplugged it the other day.
i usually just keep it  plugged in at all times like a desk top, but i just unplugged it for a min and plugged it back in.
i could be missing something painfully stupid here, but idk.

PhishJY

Quote from: VA $l!m on February 16, 2014, 12:46:06 PM
all it does when i hit the power button is the power lights come on for a second, then i hear the fan rev up and then it cuts out right away and everythin dies, lol.

If you're not getting any beeps before it shuts off, it sounds like it's not making it through the POST (power on self test).  Usually means something is wrong hardware-wise.
Quote from: nab on April 13, 2007, 09:50:05 AM
Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?

VA $l!m

Quote from: PhishJY on February 17, 2014, 12:27:20 PM

If you're not getting any beeps before it shuts off, it sounds like it's not making it through the POST (power on self test).  Usually means something is wrong hardware-wise.

yeah, thx, i got it up and runnin today.
i guess it was just my shotty adapter.
i held it in place in the jack until the startup was complete and now everythin ok.

thanks ya''ll.

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA $l!m on February 17, 2014, 01:09:19 PM

i held it in place in the jack until the startup was complete and now everythin ok.

thanks ya''ll.

You may be able to replace the adapter at Radio Shack for kinda cheap.

VA $l!m

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 18, 2014, 07:56:35 AM
Quote from: VA $l!m on February 17, 2014, 01:09:19 PM

thanks ya''ll.

You may be able to replace the adapter at Radio Shack for kinda cheap.
k, thx

VA $l!m

hey yall, im getting some signs of issues with my drivers again...
totally bricked up today and had to cut the power to reboot.

my question is: is there any preventative measures i might want to take to prevent another crash?

thanks.

DoW

not sure if this is similar to your issue but I employed some/most of these steps.  I haven't had a crash in several days so I am hoping it is working.

http://week4paug.net/index.php?topic=21395.0
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

VA $l!m

Quote from: DoW on March 26, 2014, 06:47:22 PM
not sure if this is similar to your issue but I employed some/most of these steps.  I haven't had a crash in several days so I am hoping it is working.

http://week4paug.net/index.php?topic=21395.0
thanks  :-) ill check it out.

VA $l!m

need help:

windows keeps asking me if i want to set firefox as my default browser every single time i log in.
i've responded to the prompt in every way possible and i also refreshed my fiorefox to make sure it wasnt the porblem.

any ideas on how i can get windows to stop giving me this prompt?

thanks.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."