News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Complete Album Listened To?

Started by August, May 21, 2006, 02:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

Quote from: mattstick on February 11, 2015, 09:29:33 AM

Some pretty great stuff there... Have you checked out any of the "Now Hear This: Blue Note Records Podcast" episodes? They've done Blakey, Shorter and Hancock.

I checked the podcasts out before but haven't listened.  All those LPs above are great listening.  In particular I really liked the Wayne Shorter and Miles.  Ron Carter's bass work on Smiles is amazing.  Also Herbie plays some great solos especially on Ginger Bread Boy. 

mopper_smurf

Les Claypool and the Holy Mackerel - Highball with the Devil
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

PIE-GUY

Been listening to this Chicago Symphony recording of Carl Orff's Carmina Burana on repeat in the car this week. I am singing this with the Austin Symphony in May and rehearsals have begun. It a crazy piece of music. I cannot fucking wait for May. Gonna be fun as shit.

The whole recording is on youtube here:

http://youtu.be/01UOKCA2jHY?list=PLA9375BC511A75AD2

Here's the part you all know already:

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mopper_smurf

Mr. Fantastical  - Born To Boogie Born To Die
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

khalpin

Quote from: PGLHAH on February 18, 2015, 11:44:21 AM
Been listening to this Chicago Symphony recording of Carl Orff's Carmina Burana on repeat in the car this week. I am singing this with the Austin Symphony in May and rehearsals have begun. It a crazy piece of music. I cannot fucking wait for May. Gonna be fun as shit.

The whole recording is on youtube here:

http://youtu.be/01UOKCA2jHY?list=PLA9375BC511A75AD2

Here's the part you all know already:

Cool!  I've seen it performed before.  Shit's intense!!!  :rawk:

Buffalo Budd

PG, that just gave me chills. I would think that would be an incredible thing to witness, good on ya.  :clap:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

Fixing things, cleaning things. CCR provided the soundtrack.

Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

Traffic - Mr Fantasy (UK stereo and US mono album)

Traffic - Welcome To The Canteen
Twitter | FB | Instagram

sls.stormyrider

^^
nice choices

Gov't Mule with John Scofield - Sco Mule

Rudresh Mahanthappa - Bird Calls

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

gah

Quote from: slslbs on March 01, 2015, 09:21:37 PM
^^
nice choices

Gov't Mule with John Scofield - Sco Mule

Rudresh Mahanthappa - Bird Calls

Been listening to that sco mule a bunch lately. dig it!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

emay

mopper_smurf

48 years ago today .... Up next: the box set.

Twitter | FB | Instagram

phil

New Houndmouth album comes out on Tuesday...if you haven't heard these guys (and girl), you need to. Streaming free on NPR

http://www.npr.org/2015/03/08/390719396/first-listen-houndmouth-little-neon-limelight

if you only have time for a few tracks, check out the whole thing anyway. I'm on my second back-to-back listen and loving it.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram