News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish Hard Drive (500GB) B&P offer

Started by jasonsobel, February 20, 2008, 07:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

August

Buy a 100pk spindle of DVD's and back that HD up!
This is rule #1 of collecting shows.
a

bluecaravan521

I know exactly what you mean... the chase is very exciting, yet at the same time the idea of having it all sounds fantastic  :-D If I'm not too lazy to get my drive replaced, then I'll definitely do this, because these opportunities don't come around often
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

willsteele

Yeah getting everything at once is awesome in so many ways.  But its soo much at once.  I'm still workin through a Disco hook up from months ago.  But I still love getting them one at a time.  Lettin it all get burned into your brain until the next show comes along.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

August

Quote from: willsteele on March 05, 2008, 03:54:42 PM
Yeah getting everything at once is awesome in so many ways.  But its soo much at once.  I'm still workin through a Disco hook up from months ago.  But I still love getting them one at a time.  Lettin it all get burned into your brain until the next show comes along.

Stick to the Anniversary Thread... :wink:
a

willsteele

I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

jasonsobel

don't be fooled.  while this is a lot of shows, its not even close to "getting it all at once" There's still plenty of room to grab individual shows here, even with my offer  :-D  so far, one person is definitely sending me a drive. Scott (aka xanadux3) has a drive on its way.
sing me back home before I die

willsteele

while thats not ALL of them...  its still a pretty good chunk of Phish change. 

xanadux3

Quote from: willsteele on March 05, 2008, 03:27:52 PM
I always enjoyed the thrill of the chase for some reason.  Searching out and finding all the shows you want to hear one by one.  Then when you finally locate someone with a show willing to trade or b&p....BOOYAH.  Happiness. 

I spent 7 years on the "hunt" for shows, seeking them out individually. But I always decompressed the FLACs or SHNs and burned them straight to cdrs for listening. I never backed up the FLACs or SHNs not realizing how important it was. Recently I hooked up my stereo system to my computer and I find that I listen more to things on my harddrive then stuff Ive burned to cd, so I decided that I want all my music at my fingertips, accessible through winamp to play on my home stereo system. I was basically faced with 2 choices: rip all my cds back to external harddrives (which I know would add more lineage and would cause them to be not trade friendly) or start downloading again....but then Jason came along with this wonderful offer and its just what I needed. Now I can fill the gaps and it wont be so overwhelming. so thanks again Jason!
I must add though that collecting shows is one of the greatest hobbies ever and I don't regret at all spending so much time downloading one by one.
and shocked and persuaded my soul to ignite

jasonsobel

ok - I'm now committed to copying this drive for 4 members here - so that's all I'll be taking on for now.  I don't want to overload myself with too much stuff.  we'll see how it all goes, and perhaps I'll open up the offer for new takers later on down the line.  Of course, hopefully the 4 people I copy the drive for will also offer to do the same for others :)
sing me back home before I die

blatboom

Quote from: jasonsobel on March 08, 2008, 03:33:59 PM
ok - I'm now committed to copying this drive for 4 members here - so that's all I'll be taking on for now.  I don't want to overload myself with too much stuff.  we'll see how it all goes, and perhaps I'll open up the offer for new takers later on down the line.  Of course, hopefully the 4 people I copy the drive for will also offer to do the same for others :)

I'm one of the takers so I'd be more than happy to do the same for someone else once I get mine.  We'll just bump this thread periodically to keep the word going  :beers:

shoreline99

I'll kick in a drive. Saw some stuff on there i don't have. Let me know if someone bails or if one of the takers is willing to pass it on.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

pnchundi

wow! that is an incredible offer.  thanks.  This would be incredible score, but i also echo the sentiments that there is no way i would actually listen to all those shows.  I mean I would, but somethings I would only hear once, or even worse skip over because "this" one is better than that one.  But still...

AfterMidnight

It would be fun to get a project like this started with the  :syf: Only problem is I don't have my GD shows in FLAC they are mostly audio. I just bought a drive and playing shows through Cog. I should have been doing it this way for years now.

Anyways I'll be happy to B&P the drive if something fills mine up with some dead...

shoreline99

seriously, i have a drive i just cleared off. let me know if someone wants to keep this going. i'd be happy to do the same for someone else as well..
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.