News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2017-09-03 Dick's Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO

Started by pcr3, September 04, 2017, 01:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcr3

9/3/2017
Dick's Sporting Goods Park
Commerce City, CO

I: Buffalo Bill, Moma Dance, Birds of a Feather, Sugar Shack, Most Events Aren't Planned, Get Back on the Train, Leaves, Wedge, 46 Days, Bathtub Gin

II: Down With Disease ~> Light* -> Rise/Come Together > Piper -> Meatstick > 2001 > Possum, Suzie Greenberg

E: Waste, First Tube

*Norwegian Wood jam
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

Casey Lenahan

I owe Aug $20

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

emay

Hicks

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 04, 2017, 03:05:51 AM
Quote from: tehdead on September 04, 2017, 02:21:20 AM
Top to bottom solid show :phish:

Woah! TehdeAd! He lives!

I blame the BD for his return. 

Fucking Phish, always re-energizing the fanbase, bunch of losers!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

JPhishman

Was def locked in for couch tour on this one with mountains of pulled pork, cold beer and good buddies. Birds was a serious peak early in the show. 46 Days was out of the box and Gin was raging. Nice set of Phish.

DWD>Light went deep. Surely everyone here enjoyed that. I sort of checked out after that and was laughing my ass off.

Hell of a run. Rough times with Phish heading to the bench for the rest of the year and Game of Thrones season wrapping up in the same week. Fortunately, football. And I'm going to win the paug fantasy league, so there's that.

ALL HAIL

:phish: :phish: :phish:
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: JPhishman on September 04, 2017, 04:05:42 AM
Was def locked in for couch tour on this one with mountains of pulled pork, cold beer and good buddies. Birds was a serious peak early in the show. 46 Days was out of the box and Gin was raging. Nice set of Phish.

DWD>Light went deep. Surely everyone here enjoyed that. I sort of checked out after that and was laughing my ass off.

Hell of a run. Rough times with Phish heading to the bench for the rest of the year and Game of Thrones season wrapping up in the same week. Fortunately, football. And I'm going to win the paug fantasy league, so there's that.

ALL HAIL

:phish: :phish: :phish:

My dude.  :smoke:
Bring in the dude!

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

mistercharlie

Quote from: GBL on September 04, 2017, 10:35:37 AM
Is there a difference between ~> and -> ?

~> = Forced segue. -> = Fluid segue.

Horse forced.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

pcr3

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 04, 2017, 10:57:33 AM
Quote from: GBL on September 04, 2017, 10:35:37 AM
Is there a difference between ~> and -> ?

~> = Forced segue. -> = Fluid segue.

Horse forced.

Also, I was drunk at the time and was having fun with symbols.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

VDB

I'm pretty happy to have gotten Most Events. This one had the same outro progression as the BD version... so I guess that wasn't a jam after all? Or it was and they liked it so much it's now the ending? Odd.

There were a handful of compelling moments during the second set that I look forward to revisiting.
Is this still Wombat?

ph92

Quote from: VDB on September 04, 2017, 08:45:34 PM
I'm pretty happy to have gotten Most Events. This one had the same outro progression as the BD version... so I guess that wasn't a jam after all? Or it was and they liked it so much it's now the ending? Odd.

There were a handful of compelling moments during the second set that I look forward to revisiting.
I kinda felt the same way about Most Events. Although, just based on the playing (I listened to the BD version today as well for comparison) It seems last night's was more loose. So maybe they just haven't delved into the territory yet. I really dig the song though, so I hope they push it.

That possum was fucking HOT though. They had some serious tension building at the end there and released it perfectly. Something I've noticed they've been lacking since they've been back is doing solid tension/release jamming. Most of the time is just comes out lackluster and doesn't pop like older 1.0 Stash, SOAM etc. This possum felt like they did that style some justice finally.

DWD went pretty out there, but it seemed like the standard set 2 DWD jam progression. Gin was pretty solid and melodic, had a good time on that one. Piper was definitely worth mentioning as well.

IIRC 46 days had a little extra coming out of Fish, which was real fun to dance to.

All in all, great show. Excellent tour closer to a fucking AMAZING summer of Phish.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH