News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Complete Album Listened To?

Started by August, May 21, 2006, 02:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: jonyem on June 01, 2006, 04:37:03 PM
George Lucas tapped into Dark Star and called it The Force.

I THOUGHT HE CALLED IT THE DEATH STAR LOL

cha-ching!

jonyem

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on June 02, 2006, 01:49:41 AM
Quote from: jonyem on June 01, 2006, 04:37:03 PM
George Lucas tapped into Dark Star and called it The Force.

I THOUGHT HE CALLED IT THE DEATH STAR LOL

cha-ching!

That would have come from the Phil Bombs.  :wink:
:syf:

fauxpaxfauxreal

I always thought that Dark Star was about what would happen if the Moon crashed into the Earth.

If I get fucked up enough and listen to the song, the lyrics totally wig me out, especially if it's a full moon.

Seriously.

August

had a big day riding the train to shea stadium today.
and then the 2:45 rain delay helped, too.

A Tribe Called Quest-
Midnight Marauders

Pavement-
Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain

The Cure-
Wish

Ben Folds-
Songs For Silverman

Grandaddy-
Excerpts From The Diary Of Todd Zilla

a

August

fauxpaxfauxreal

Uh oh flash back to the 90's!

Bo knows this YEAH!
Bo knows that!

But Bo don't know Jack, cuz Bo can't rap!

YOUR MISSION...SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT...IS TO RANK THE PAVEMENT LP'S....START NOW! :beers: :beers: :beers:

sophist

Phish
Ghost

Wilco
Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Hicks

Did you like Songs for Silverman Aug?  I thought it was a snoozer, I wish Ben Folds still rocked like he used to. . .

Ben Folds Five- s/t has got to be one of the best albums of the nineties.   :-o
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

August

Quote from: ikki on June 03, 2006, 11:13:41 PM
  I thought it was a snoozer, I wish Ben Folds still rocked like he used to. . .
agreed.

agreed.forever and ever.
the unauthorized biography is great,too.
a

gimmetela

Hicks

Quote from: august on June 04, 2006, 05:28:06 AM
Quote from: ikki on June 03, 2006, 11:13:41 PM
  I thought it was a snoozer, I wish Ben Folds still rocked like he used to. . .
agreed.

agreed.forever and ever.
the unauthorized biography is great,too.
a

Did you hear the Bitches Ain't Shit cover that was the b-side of the Landed single?  That almost made up for the lameness of Silverman! 

I just bought that Gnarls Barkley yesterday for my sister as a graduation present.  Very unique album, Danger Mouse has become a top producer in record time, this time last year who knew that he would put out three great albums? (Gorillaz, Danger Doom, and Gnarls)
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

August

danger doom i thought was ok, i was a little let down.
but demon days really is agreat album, despite how commercial it became.
really, i can care less of how commercial artists appeal is, but sometimes it can
be fulfilling to have your own secret artist!
a

Hicks

Sure Danger Doom was no Madvillain, but still very good IMO.  Demon Dayz on the other hand is a stone cold classic that gets better and better with each listen, in a few years I think people will respect in even more than they do now.

So have you heard that Ben Folds Dr. Dre cover Aug?  Let me know 'cause you NEED to hear it if you haven't.

August

Quote from: ikki on June 04, 2006, 10:59:24 PM
Sure Danger Doom was no Madvillain, but still very good IMO.  Demon Dayz on the other hand is a stone cold classic that gets better and better with each listen, in a few years I think people will respect in even more than they do now.

So have you heard that Ben Folds Dr. Dre cover Aug?  Let me know 'cause you NEED to hear it if you haven't.

yeah i have heard it.it is pretty damn funny!

as for demon dayz, i love how it flows as oppossed to their debut.
that really helps the album out.
a

Hicks

Boards of Canada- Trans Canada Highway EP