News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Jauntee

Started by WhatstheUse?, April 11, 2011, 07:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Scott, this is easily one of the best live albums I've heard in years. It will be in heavy rotation for a long time to come. You guys have a bright future ahead.
The vocals are spot on and the jamming is far ahead of most bands in the scene.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 20, 2018, 08:58:26 AM
Scott, this is easily one of the best live albums I've heard in years. It will be in heavy rotation for a long time to come. You guys have a bright future ahead.
The vocals are spot on and the jamming is far ahead of most bands in the scene.

All of this. It's been in heavy rotation since it landed.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

Thanks a bunch everyone.

It's quite the weight off my shoulders to finally have this out, the process took a lot longer that we originally anticipated. It's making me supper happy to hear everyone out there is enjoying it.

Music aside, I feel like we learned a lot, and grew as a band putting this album out. It's the first album we really tried to 'do right' (specifically, the promotional aspect) and it seems to have paid off. At the same time, I think we did a number of things wrong.... but it's a learning process. In retrospect, tracking an album a week before moving across country wasn't the smartest move but oh well
Bring in the dude!

pcr3

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 20, 2018, 10:26:05 AM
In retrospect, tracking an album a week before moving across country wasn't the smartest move but oh well

Yeah, but it was SO MUCH FUN.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: pcr3 on September 20, 2018, 03:21:22 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 20, 2018, 10:26:05 AM
In retrospect, tracking an album a week before moving across country wasn't the smartest move but oh well

Yeah, but it was SO MUCH FUN.

Dude. Wasn't it? I had such a blast. The shows themselves were such a perfect send-off. It was so fun to share that intimate experience with so many people that were apart of it all from the very beginning.

Logistically. Not the smartest. For some reason none of us really considered the mixing and overdub sessions... which, were a painstaking process from afar.
Bring in the dude!

shoreline99

Scotty, this is definitely a great album and a huge step for you guys as a band. It will definitely be in rotation for a while and I have recommended it to many friends, so hopefully you're getting some plays or sales out of it!  :music:

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

emay

Finally got around to playin this all the way through, so sick! such a good concept and executed very well!

pcr3

Took the car with the CD player out last night on a drive to a friend's place.  Brought the new album and put disc 2 in the player.  It turns out that Enjoy the Ride was the CD that was in the player.  Pretty sure that was in there for > 5 years.

I'm guessing that I will fluctuate between these 2 new CDs for the next few years in that car.

And Scott, the album is killer.  My drive out was mostly Puppy, and you know how I feel about that song.  My drive back was mostly Renaissance Man>One Too Many, which is just fucking dynamite.  I love the studio shenanigans you guys did with that combo...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Thrillhouse

Wondering if anyone has honed in on a specific track they find themselves turning to more than others? I personally am all hands on deck for that Renny Mang.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

mbw

Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on September 21, 2018, 06:30:51 PM
Wondering if anyone has honed in on a specific track they find themselves turning to more than others? I personally am all hands on deck for that Renny Mang.

edit:

i meant Regretless.  No long jam, but a great song.

Gundo

my favorite sequence on the album is Colorado>Mammoth Relaxes

mistercharlie

Quote from: EdBanky on September 21, 2018, 09:06:30 PM
my favorite sequence on the album is Colorado>Mammoth Relaxes

That whole chunk of Disc 1 is awesome.

I think my favorite cut so far is that Black Bart.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

August

I'm not gonna cave until my vinyl comes.

Thrillhouse

Quote from: August on September 22, 2018, 06:19:22 AM
I'm not gonna cave until my vinyl comes.

:-D :-D :-D :-D
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

mistercharlie

Woke up with a bit of a hangover this morning, but I'm pumped for tonight's Jaunt!  :rawk:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.