News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things COMIC BOOKS

Started by mistercharlie, February 03, 2011, 08:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoreline99

NEW SANDMAN?!?!

How did I not know this was coming out? I stopped by the LCBS today at lunchtime to see if the new Hellboy HC was out and there it was - Overture #1!

This series is one of the greatest reads of all time. Can't wait to read the book when I get home.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Books/2013/1030/The-Sandman-Overture-Neil-Gaiman-dreams-up-a-new-tale
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

VA $l!m

so new DLC for DCUO this month is "War of the Light" PT.1

two new Lanterns were added to the LEgends pvp mode:
Atrocitous and Saint Walker.
IVe been playing the blue Lantern Saint and liked him so much ive been checking out his backstory.

really enjoyed this DLCs story direction in general.
im so much moreso a MArvel fan than Dc, but the Lantern content has alot of depth.

Atrocitous (red) and Saint (blue), and i believe thats John Stewart.  8-)
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mistercharlie

That's pretty cool. I love all the different Lantern's. It would be cool if they let you play as Larfleeze, the Orange Lantern. And the Red Lanterns are awesome. Atrocitous is pretty bad-ass too, he's the one who really killed Abin Sur, thus making Hal Jordan a Green Lantern.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

Quote from: mistercharlie on February 06, 2014, 07:15:42 AM
That's pretty cool. I love all the different Lantern's. It would be cool if they let you play as Larfleeze, the Orange Lantern. And the Red Lanterns are awesome. Atrocitous is pretty bad-ass too, he's the one who really killed Abin Sur, thus making Hal Jordan a Green Lantern.

larfreeze was just in our winter seasonal event. his dialogue's are classic.

we actually have ton of lanterns for Legends PvP:

Green:  Kilowog, kyle rayner and john stewart,
yellow: Arkillo, sinestro,  and amon sur
red: atrocitous
blue: saint walker

...i think thats all of em.

-amon sur is actually my nemesis in pvp, dude is OP, lol.

VA $l!m

any1 seen the Justice League WAR animated flick?
just noticed they had it on demand and was thinking of watchin it.

mistercharlie

Quote from: VA $l!m on February 22, 2014, 09:55:55 PM

I'vegot it queued up to watch, just gotta get some free time to watch it now.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

Quote from: mistercharlie on February 23, 2014, 05:39:01 AM
Quote from: VA $l!m on February 22, 2014, 09:55:55 PM

I'vegot it queued up to watch, just gotta get some free time to watch it now.

cool! lemme know what ya think.

VA $l!m

other day was @ dude's house and he had something from Netflix on, (which i dont have an active sub for)
---was some of the sickest anniamtion id seen in awhile.
i think the flick was called:
"HULK v IRON MAN, MArvel Heroes" or something like that.

VA $l!m

so i was thinking  i might try and put together a little comic book (backstory maybe) using screenshots i take in DCuo.
example:

might work...

VA $l!m

so i've started using my game as an artisitic outlet. i figure, why not?
plus im really not able ot draw or pain t anymore for extended periods b/c of my broken back.
anyway, i figure i should combine my love of crafting screen shots and  my desire to write a comic.

shoreline99

I know I've mentioned this series before, but it has been on hiatus for at least a year while the creative team finished up some other projects.

That being said, go out and pick up or read the back issues of American Vampire, the series will be returning in the next couple of weeks.

mistercharlie

I got to meet George Perez today at Comic-con, I had him sign my favorite Green Lantern cover that he did and it turns out that it was the very first work that he did for DC. So that was cool.

And the wife got to meet Evan Peters from American Horror Story. She loves that kid.

...Bonus points to anyone who knows who I'm dressed up as.

VA $l!m

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 16, 2014, 04:54:08 PM
I got to meet George Perez today at Comic-con, I had him sign my favorite Green Lantern cover that he did and it turns out that it was the very first work that he did for DC. So that was cool.

And the wife got to meet Evan Peters from American Horror Story. She loves that kid.

freakin sick!!! :beerbang:

shoreline99

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 16, 2014, 04:54:08 PM

Ambrose!

rowjimmy