News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/05 - Riverbend Music Ctr - Cincinnati, OH - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by fauxpaxfauxreal, June 05, 2011, 11:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Love the idea of Mound making an appearance.  Looking forward to hearing the Reba and Tweezer.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Marmar

too many repetitive setlist combos and songs.....

2011 is looking like major fail....as far as progress goes.....

Phish = nostalgia act

So sad to witness.....especially when there is so much promising material being played, just cut to a short brutal death by the band.....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

blatboom

Quote from: Marmar on June 06, 2011, 07:56:46 AM
too many repetitive setlist combos and songs.....

2011 is looking like major fail....as far as progress goes.....

Phish = nostalgia act

So sad to witness.....especially when there is so much promising material being played, just cut to a short brutal death by the band.....

Trey

(was trying to quote your post and wound up modifying it  :oops:  I fixed it back though   :-))

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Gumbo72203

Yeah, seeing all of these other setlists and song-timings after listening to what I feel is probably the most cohesive, smooth-flowing non-cringe-worthy 3.0 jam in the Knob Disease all but confirms my own assumption that Trey, like, in all seriousness, legitimately hates jamming now.  Like, he seriously hates it.  After the glory of the Knob Disease, we get a 7 minute Crosseyed?  We have only 7 minutes of Ghost, this whole tour?  Piper no longer possesses the energy and momentum to push past 6 minutes, which in the real world is how long it should take the song to build to proper launch velocity.

Can we like, do a public referendum to get Lefty Trey to replace Trey?  I mean, look at the success of Furthur with John. 

Plus, Lefty Trey never screwed up Hydrogen, or Reba, or You Enjoy Myself, or Mockingbird, or Bowie, or Divided Sky, or TMWSIY, or Fluffhead, or Foam, or McGrupp, in all of the times I ever saw them.  Plus, HE USES WHAMMY LOOPS IN JAMS. 

That way, Tray can go play TAB with his noodle and have cake for breakfast and nobody will give him grief over the lack Type II jamming.  Everbody wins.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Hicks

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 06, 2011, 12:07:59 PM

Can we like, do a public referendum to get Lefty Trey to replace Trey?  I mean, look at the success of Furthur with John. 

Like, no.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Gumbo72203

but dude...  Lefty Trey.  Think of how fucking EXCITED and stoked he would be to rip shit up and goof with the space-time continuum in some eleventy-fourth dimensional deflationarialized contortional-torquing of the fractalized expansion inherent in such a quasi-vortex when distilled and placed in such a manner?

I mean, like, woah... 'n stuff.   

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

thatfargone

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 06, 2011, 05:20:25 AM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 06, 2011, 02:05:01 AM
7 minute Crosseyed is fail.

Gotta leave time for all of the fan favorites!

LOL. Too bad Elton John still finds room for 20+min Rocket Man and Madman Across the Water...on his "greatest hits tour"
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

bacchist

So we've had what, maybe one and a half good shows so far this tour?
Rebuilding...

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: bacchist on June 06, 2011, 01:21:03 PM

I'd say that Pine Knob and Bethel II are good shows...the rest...not so much.

McGrupp

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on June 06, 2011, 01:22:38 PM

Dudes, we've been over this, Phish 3.0 isn't about shows... it's about moments...
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: McGrupp on June 06, 2011, 01:27:29 PM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on June 06, 2011, 01:22:38 PM

Dudes, we've been over this, Phish 3.0 isn't about shows... it's about moments...

I know dude.  I mean Phish keeps on playing Phish songs and I'm all like ????????????

But yeah, Phish might be bland now, but at least when they're bland they "sound" "good".  You know what I mean?  Phish is a good time to go to one or two shows, party down, see some tunes and if you're lucky, get a show that wows you like the good ole days.

I'd be very disappointed in myself if I went to an entire tour (unless I was making money on tour and came home with a few thousand extra dollars).

Gumbo72203

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but dude...  Lefty Trey.  Think of how fucking EXCITED and stoked he would be to rip shit up and goof with the space-time continuum in some eleventy-fourth dimensional deflationarialized contortional-torquing of the fractalized expansion inherent in such a quasi-vortex when distilled and placed in such a manner?

I mean, like, woah... 'n stuff.