News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alcoholandcoffeebeans

live free or die hard.

simpsons preview, too. :-D

good times.

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

cactusfan

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 27, 2007, 12:21:20 AM
Just trumped last night's viewing of Unforgiven...

Elem Klimov's "Come And See"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091251/

A mindblowing and disturbingly intense descent into WWII and the German occupation of Belarus.

Seriously the most intense war movie I've ever seen.
ten out of ten...

watched this last night.
absolutely brilliant.
i was blown away.
so intense and surreal, with all of those long, creepy close-ups.
i can't believe i'd never even heard of this movie before.
where has it been hiding?

i'm not sure why it made me think of this, but to you, rowjimmy (and everyone else, for that matter) i recommend, if you haven't already seen it, Cabeza de Vaca, a spanish movie from the early '90s.

thanks for the heads up about Come And See.

sophist

Yesterday Afternoon I watched Ocean's Thirteen, and it wasn't bad.  A bit indulgent at times, but none the less it was worth the trip and hassle of the movie theater. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

thechad

Nacho Libre, Jack Black owes me two hours of my life back.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

rowjimmy

Quote from: cactusfan on July 01, 2007, 01:10:35 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on May 27, 2007, 12:21:20 AM
Just trumped last night's viewing of Unforgiven...

Elem Klimov's "Come And See"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091251/

A mindblowing and disturbingly intense descent into WWII and the German occupation of Belarus.

Seriously the most intense war movie I've ever seen.
ten out of ten...
watched this last night.
absolutely brilliant.
i was blown away.

i'm not sure why it made me think of this, but to you, rowjimmy (and everyone else, for that matter) i recommend, if you haven't already seen it, Cabeza de Vaca, a spanish movie from the early '90s.

Yeah that movie still haunts me now and then... the tracking shots... the close-ups. Even the sound editing; the way it sounds for like the firat day after the attack... I hope you didn't watch it dubbed... If you did, you must rewatch it in the original Russian with subtitles.

Added Cabeza de Vaca to my netflix queue...

antelope19

Quote from: thechadbaker on July 01, 2007, 01:46:37 PM

Yeah, I heard the same thing.  Haven't seen it myself to verify, but now I will def stear clear!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

shoreline99

ratatouille. saw it on friday afternoon with the kids.

absolutely fantastic animation. i'm a big fan of brad bird's other animated movies (iron giant, incredibles) and this one was better in many ways then those.

two thumbs up from the kids AND adults.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

mattstick

They showed Nacho Libre on one of my flights across the Atlantic - it's even weirder without sound.

Watched Knocked Up recently - funny movie, worth watching

also watched half of 11:14 last night - not quite sure what to think of that, seemed like more of a gimmick than a film, but I did only watch half of it, I may have missed something.

Bobafett

I don't think you would call it a movie, but i watche dall of Weeds on DVD this weekend... i expected it to be more of a comedy, but i am now in love with the show...Great writing and acting, plus, the mom is an uber-milf...why did i never have friends with parents like her?
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

antelope19

oh, I did watch all of the "It" DVD's over the weekend.  Great stuff.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mattstick

I've been watching the occasional epsiode of Weeds in HD/BluRay.

MLP in High Def is amazing

rowjimmy

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

sophist

Quote from: thechadbaker on July 01, 2007, 01:46:37 PM
I didn't like that movie at all, and it wasn't even close to being funny.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

cactusfan

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 02, 2007, 08:19:32 AM
watched this last night.
absolutely brilliant.
i was blown away.

Yeah that movie still haunts me now and then... the tracking shots... the close-ups. Even the sound editing; the way it sounds for like the firat day after the attack... I hope you didn't watch it dubbed... If you did, you must rewatch it in the original Russian with subtitles.

Added Cabeza de Vaca to my netflix queue...

i loathe dubbing, watched it with subtitles (plus i understand german, so that helped in some scenes). the sound design of the movie was really great. very subtley done,  eerie and disturbing. i loved how every now and then a low, rising hum would slowly become audible, and right at the point where you consciously realize that THAT's the sound creeping you out, the main character looks up to see it's a plane flying high above.