News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

Holidays - chic flic, pretty good

Animal House - never get enough of this one. Otis, my man!!! 8-)
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Quote from: slslbs on September 24, 2007, 09:36:38 PM
Animal House - never get enough of this one. Otis, my man!!! 8-)

Nice.
I I have that on DVD. The Double Secret Probation version.  :-D

sls.stormyrider

yep, got it in a box set with the Blues Brothers

knowledge is good
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

kellerb

It's good to be back here at the des-ti-lay club.  We're gonna do for you now a tune entitled "Shama lama ding dong." So Hit It!

sls.stormyrider

Mind if we dance with your dates?

rowjimmy

Christ. Seven years of college down the drain. Might as well join the fucking Peace Corps.

sls.stormyrider

you fucked up! you trusted us.

cleech74

Die Hard 4.

A lot of it was filmed in Baltimore. :-)
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

antelope19

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rowjimmy

May I have ten thousand marbles, please?

White_Bandana

roommates and i watched Monty Python and the holy grail last night, damn that movie just makes me laugh ha

cactusfan

Quote from: phan003 on September 25, 2007, 09:57:20 AM
quite, he's on a roll...

almost... but it's:

forget it, he's rolling.

and-- could you get three dates for my friends?

eric stratton, rush chairman, damn glad to meet you!

are you guys playing cards?

a few in-jokes--- at the end of the movie we learn that babs has gone on to be a tour guide at universal. in john landis' subsequent movies for universal, at the very end of the credits, an ad would come up for universal studios and the tour, underneath which it read: ask for babs!

we also learn that niedermeyer was killed by his own troops in vietnam. if you watch Twilight Zone: The Movie, landis directed the first part (in which actor vic morrow was killed during filming by a helicopter decapitating him), and there's a scene in vietnam that begins with some guys marching through the jungle and one says to the others:  I told you we shouldn't have killed sgt. niedermeyer!

anyway... this stuff is probably all on wikipedia these days... knowing stupid trivia used to be so much more fun...

sophist

Well I tried to quote it off the top of my head, as opposed to looking it up.    :-D

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

thechad

Quote from: cactusfan on September 26, 2007, 01:42:16 AM

a few in-jokes--- at the end of the movie we learn that babs has gone on to be a tour guide at universal. in john landis' subsequent movies for universal, at the very end of the credits, an ad would come up for universal studios and the tour, underneath which it read: ask for babs!

we also learn that niedermeyer was killed by his own troops in vietnam. if you watch Twilight Zone: The Movie, landis directed the first part (in which actor vic morrow was killed during filming by a helicopter decapitating him), and there's a scene in vietnam that begins with some guys marching through the jungle and one says to the others:  I told you we shouldn't have killed sgt. niedermeyer!

anyway... this stuff is probably all on wikipedia these days... knowing stupid trivia used to be so much more fun...

Never knew any of that stuff, that's awesome that Landis would do that.  Also the entire movie was filmed in Eugene, OR because they were the only campus that would let them and after filming had wrapped said they would never again allow another movie to be filmed there.  I've been to Eugene a few times and although the actual frat house has been torn down many of the other buildings are still there.  Coming from a small place were NOTHING EVER HAPPENS and it just slightly to the lower left of nowhere it was kind of neat seeing those places in real life. I gonna have to watch it again tonight.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock