News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: August on October 04, 2007, 08:24:04 PM
I watched a bunch last week.
Spun, Rushmore, The Departed and Zodiac.
Gonna watch Strangers with Candy tomorrow.
a

I could so not hang with Spun.
It seriously bugged me out.

August

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 04, 2007, 08:29:33 PM
I could so not hang with Spun.
It seriously bugged me out.

:-D
Yeah, it makes me a little nervous, too.
a

rowjimmy

Quote from: August on October 04, 2007, 08:40:41 PM
:-D
Yeah, it makes me a little nervous, too.
a
I turned it off well before it was over.

shoreline99

Blades of Glory. Sheer Will Farrell fun.

I have Knocked Up and Good Night and Good luck for this weekend.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

cactusfan

Quote from: Hicks on October 01, 2007, 10:12:38 PM
Grindhouse: Death Proof

An hour and a half of chicks sitting around talking about nothing, and twenty minutes of action, WTF?!!!

tell me about it. what a piece of shit. not only is it 45 minutes of chicks bullshitting (in what sounds like someone spoofing 'tarantino-talk' it's so bad), but the four chicks you've just spent like 25 minutes with all die! then four totally interchangeable chicks show up (and seriously, it took my five minutes to realize these were four different ones) and they yammer on and on!

which is to say, even if you LIKED the first half of babbling chicks-- they all die! and a new movie starts.

the first movie of Grindhouse, the rodriguez zombie flick, kicks ass. whenever that hits video, it's the one to see. he actually understands that a trashy grindhouse movie is about absurd, non-stop, balls to the wall ZOMBIE EXPLODING ACTION!

cleech74

Grindhouse: Deathproof.  The lapdance is pretty cool, no? :|

and 28 Weeks Later.
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

alcoholandcoffeebeans

flight of the living dead: outbreak on a plane.

heh...
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

cactusfan

Seconds.
brilliant.
from '66, directed by john frankenheimer, who a few years earlier made The Manchurian Candidate (also a great movie, unlike the craptacular remake).
it's one of the most deeply disturbing movies i've ever seen. not in a gory way, in a psychological way. it's shot very eerily, too. it's just totally unnerving, and it pulls no punches.
about a middle aged man given a chance at a new life.
sort of. i will say no more.
highly recommended if you like weird, freaky movies.

sls.stormyrider

thanks - will have to check it out
Manchurian Candidate is on my top 10 list
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Igbo

Vampyros Lesbos- Watched it this morning on IFC at like 5am

cleech74

Tim Burton's "Nightmare Before Christmas".  Saw it in 3D, today.

My eyes still feel a little weird for wearing those glasses for 80 minutes. :|

Beer, NFL, and the Sunday night Fox Line-up should help that. :-)
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

sls.stormyrider

Just bought the special edition DVD of the Graduate
I forgot how great that movie is
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

westcider

I just got done watching my brand new DVD of Fantastic Planet.

cactusfan

Quote from: slslbs on November 04, 2007, 08:01:03 PM
Just bought the special edition DVD of the Graduate
I forgot how great that movie is

great movie. 'plastics.'

i saw Into The Wild today. i liked it, didn't love it. sean penn tends to be way over the top as a director, so many weird effects, crazy camera moves, slow motion, rapid editing, it's endless. i kept wishing he'd back off and just tell the story, which is interesting enough without all that distraction. still, many powerful scenes and beautiful scenery. oh yeah, and songs by eddie vedder, all of which i could have done without.

mattstick

I Know Who Killed Me.

well, I watched 15 minutes of it... terrible - yet awsome.