News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: Guyute on December 24, 2007, 12:50:11 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on December 21, 2007, 03:06:11 PM
I Am Legend
Went at "lunchtime"
It was good. Someone told me, this morning, that it had a surprise ending but I wasn't surprised.

I guess the surprise is how far off from the book the ending really is.  In the book it goes completely the opposite direction.  Also set in San Diego rather than New York.

Well, I'm planning to check out the book. thing is, that guy is not the book type.

bluecaravan521

I Am Legend - Awesome, although wayy more intense then I expected/desired
Juno - Funny movie, nothing to write home about, good characters and a some very funny moments
National Treasure II - great combination of fact and fiction, just as good as the first one, so if you liked the first I would highly recommend it.

Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

mattstick

Watched a DVD Screener of I Am Legend last night with the family.  Shit movie - really felt like Will Smith can't act.

Right now I'm watching Pirates III on DVD, still have'nt made it through this film without falling asleep - on my 4th attempt now.

bluecaravan521

Quote from: mattstick on December 25, 2007, 03:04:56 PM
Watched a DVD Screener of I Am Legend last night with the family.  Shit movie - really felt like Will Smith can't act.

"I like Shrek"  :-P
His shitty acting didn't stop me from enjoying it, but his work was pretty horrific now that i think back to it
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

rowjimmy

Ya'll must have had expectations...

cactusfan

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on December 24, 2007, 04:16:06 AM
The Abominable Dr. Fibes

vincent price.
mom loves this movie...
i had never seen it.

well now, what on earth did you make of it? this is one seriously surreal, weird-ass movie for those not familiar with it. i wouldn't say 'good,' but it sure makes for interesting viewing, especially if one has smoked enough in advance.

i watched The Lives Of Others, german, won the oscar for best foreign flick last year. really good. about a guy working for the stasi in east berlin in '84, who comes to realize the inhumanity of spying on his fellow citizens.

also, the new Futurama movie, Bender's Big Score. basically the same as the old episodes, pretty funny stuff. best part is one of the extras, a full-length episode of Everybody Loves Hypnotoad. awesome. i dare someone to watch the whole thing, as i did. then again, it's so hypnotic, maybe i should dare someone NOT to watch the whole thing...

mattstick

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: cactusfan on December 26, 2007, 09:01:02 PM
Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on December 24, 2007, 04:16:06 AM
The Abominable Dr. Fibes

vincent price.
mom loves this movie...
i had never seen it.

well now, what on earth did you make of it? this is one seriously surreal, weird-ass movie for those not familiar with it. i wouldn't say 'good,' but it sure makes for interesting viewing, especially if one has smoked enough in advance.

also, the new Futurama movie, Bender's Big Score. basically the same as the old episodes, pretty funny stuff. best part is one of the extras, a full-length episode of Everybody Loves Hypnotoad. awesome. i dare someone to watch the whole thing, as i did. then again, it's so hypnotic, maybe i should dare someone NOT to watch the whole thing...

i liked it a lot... but i'm a vincent price fan... & stupid, b-movie "horror" flicks :)
i shoulda drank or something before it, i bet it would have made for a better viewing...
i'll remember that next time :)

i wanna see futurama.
maybe i'll have to hunt that down here, soon.
you can dare me not to watch the entire thing, but i'll tell you right now...  I'LL FAIL.  :-D
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

nab

Very Bad Things

Very messed up.

kellerb

Quote from: nab on December 28, 2007, 12:22:52 AM
Very Bad Things

Very messed up.

Heh, whenever someone gets engaged we make jokes about getting their fiancee to watch that movie

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mattstick

Blade Runner BluRay-Rip

looks amazing in 720p

blatboom

Quote from: mattstick on December 28, 2007, 06:30:48 PM

Blade Runner BluRay-Rip

looks amazing in 720p

tight!  I got the five-disc Final Cut release for Christmas.
disc 2:  a 3.5 hour documentary on the making of  :-o

rowjimmy

Sweeny Todd

It was excellent. Depp was good (not the greatest voice for the role but he was good.) Helena Bonham Carter's voice was weaker than Depp's. I wish that it weren't because she had the character nailed but really didn't deliver the songs as well as a fan of the show would hope.

Yes, I've been a fan of Sweeny Todd since I was a kid. My mom turned me on to the twisted story and, in turn, I took her to see the film today for her birthday.

sunrisevt

^^^Excellent--moms rule.

Edit: We got a game here...
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.