News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Quote from: Hicks on January 14, 2008, 09:22:07 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on January 14, 2008, 09:30:59 AM
Is it Booooooooring?

I couldn't make it through the second one without dozing off myself, so if you liked that one it's probably more of the same.   :-P :wink:

:-D  yeah, I think the reason I enjoy these is because I really like Depp's character.  His manerisms, his lingo, etc.  It seems that everything he does with that character is amusing and well planned.  I think it also comes through in the movies that he is really enjoying himself.  But I wouldn't say either of these, so far, would make my top 15.   
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Hicks

Quote from: antelope19 on January 15, 2008, 10:17:59 AM
Quote from: Hicks on January 14, 2008, 09:22:07 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on January 14, 2008, 09:30:59 AM
Is it Booooooooring?

I couldn't make it through the second one without dozing off myself, so if you liked that one it's probably more of the same.   :-P :wink:

:-D  yeah, I think the reason I enjoy these is because I really like Depp's character.  His manerisms, his lingo, etc.  It seems that everything he does with that character is amusing and well planned.  I think it also comes through in the movies that he is really enjoying himself.  But I wouldn't say either of these, so far, would make my top 15.   

I actually really liked the first one, but the second was way too long.

In the same vein as Chad's comments, if you must make a movie out of a Disneyland ride at least have the decency to keep it under two hours! 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

You gotta admit, (and you kinda just did) they made a pretty cool movie out of a fairly ordinary Disney World ride.
The second movie was fairly ordinary tho... didn't motivate me to see the third.

Hicks

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 15, 2008, 09:52:12 PM
You gotta admit, (and you kinda just did) they made a pretty cool movie out of a fairly ordinary Disney World ride.
The second movie was fairly ordinary tho... didn't motivate me to see the third.

The ride was always my favorite as a kid.   :-)

But yeah, Depp's performance in the first one is classic. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Hicks on January 15, 2008, 10:26:05 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on January 15, 2008, 09:52:12 PM

The ride was always my favorite as a kid.   :-)

But yeah, Depp's performance in the first one is classic. 
I preferred the Haunted Mansion.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

thechad

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 15, 2008, 10:40:53 PM

That movie was a piece of garbage.  As far as the rides are concerned it's a tie as to which one I like better.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

hoodie22

nirvana unplugged in NYC

if that counts as a movie.....
first time its been officially on dvd, so worth it.

ytowndan

I love that album.  I think I will bust that out tomorrow.   :-D  Thanks!
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

Quote from: thechad on January 16, 2008, 01:51:22 AM

That movie was a piece of garbage.  As far as the rides are concerned it's a tie as to which one I like better.

Too true. that movie was so completely forgettable that I forgot about it.

Remember when Eddie Murphy did good movies that didn't feature Mike Meyers as a big green dude?
Me neither.

willsteele

Word.

Last night I saw Good Luck Chuck.  It was more entertaining than all three Pirate movied combined.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

blatboom

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 16, 2008, 07:49:57 AM

Remember when Eddie Murphy did good movies that didn't feature Mike Meyers as a big green dude?
Me neither.

you mean The Golden Child?

cactusfan

Quote from: blatboom on January 16, 2008, 09:01:36 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on January 16, 2008, 07:49:57 AM

Me neither.

you mean The Golden Child?

i believe he was referring to GOOD movies. so, ummm.... Trading Places, for example.

thechad

Quote from: cactusfan on January 17, 2008, 01:42:16 AM

i believe he was referring to GOOD movies. so, ummm.... Trading Places, for example.

That and Beverly Hills Cop would be the entire list.  Maybe you could add 48 Hrs.  Maybe.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

sls.stormyrider

I would add Coming to America to that list.
Of course, my favorite seen in that movie is when Don Ameche and Ralph Bellamy find the bag of money and say "we're back"
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."