News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Watched American Gangster last night.
not too bad.

whyweigh5.0

I just watched John Rambo.  It was alright..   lots of gore though, which is a plus :samurai: :samurai:
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

antelope19

Anyone ever see any of the "Bourne" films?  I am considerng renting them next.  Is it worth it? 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sunrisevt

I dig them. Definitely better on video than on cable, with commercials. (But isn't everything? The first 2 are all over basic cable right now.) 3 right in a row might be a bit much, but 2 & 3 are a close-stitched story.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

blatboom

Quote from: antelope19 on February 28, 2008, 04:48:19 PM
Anyone ever see any of the "Bourne" films?  I am considerng renting them next.  Is it worth it? 

Absolutely.  the first is by far my favorite but they're all good.  Paul Greengrass directed the second and third and I'm not a huge fan of his style but def. check them out.

rowjimmy

Greengrass shoots by the seat of his pants without even a finished script. It's evident in the 'finished' films.
I hope he pays his editors well.

blatboom

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 28, 2008, 07:47:43 PM
Greengrass shoots by the seat of his pants without even a finished script. It's evident in the 'finished' films.
I hope he pays his editors well.

there's that but what gets me more than anything is the camerawork.  I've never suffered from any form of motion sickness in my life.  watching his movies just about does it for me.

Casey Lenahan

saw Rambo in Mexico in a VIP theater with leather recling seats and your own waitress
I owe Aug $20

grewich

a perfect stranger

halle berry is almost too skinny.

good ending, not too terribly predictable.
in your face

Caravan2001

Gone Baby Gone....really depressing, but I was impressed with Affleck's directing, which surprised me....

willsteele

Quote from: blatboom on February 28, 2008, 08:36:44 PM
there's that but what gets me more than anything is the camerawork.  I've never suffered from any form of motion sickness in my life.  watching his movies just about does it for me.

Agreed.  Bourne #2 gave me a headache.  But I can dig those movies.

American Gangster - Loved it.
Gone Baby Gone - Pretty good. 
We Own the Night - eh
Across the Universe - Garbage.  All the "subtle" Beatles references were drving me insane.  "Where did she come from?..She came in through the bathroom window."  Come on.  Bono?  Joe Cocker?  Come on.  And then to ruin perfectly perfect Beatles songs.  Garbage.  My wife loved it though.   :-P
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

cleech74

Y'all need to check out "The Amatuers".  I'm telling you.  You won't be dissapointed. :-D
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

Wolfmansbrother

Quote from: willsteele on March 01, 2008, 01:07:54 AM
Quote from: blatboom on February 28, 2008, 08:36:44 PM

Agreed.  Bourne #2 gave me a headache.  But I can dig those movies.

American Gangster - Loved it.
Gone Baby Gone - Pretty good. 
We Own the Night - eh
Across the Universe - Garbage.  All the "subtle" Beatles references were drving me insane.  "Where did she come from?..She came in through the bathroom window."  Come on.  Bono?  Joe Cocker?  Come on.  And then to ruin perfectly perfect Beatles songs.  Garbage.  My wife loved it though.   :-P

i agree 100%
what a waste of  the beatles talent and what horrible acting!

mattstick

I think you guys are forgetting a couple things... musicals always suck - they're always over-the-top and not too subtle.

My Mom said Across The Universe reminded her of the 60s.  I thought it was like "The Beatles For Dummies", I watched it in 15-20 minute chunks while falling asleep... went from hating it to liking it and back to hating it, pretty sure I slept thru most of the second half.

Caravan2001

I couldn't get into all of the Beatles references either, but my wife really like it too....