News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfmansbrother

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 18, 2008, 02:48:12 PM
Anyone walking into that movie expecting historical accuracy either has not seen a preview or does not know enough to find it inaccurate.

that wasnt really how i meant it but ok

willsteele

The Hottest State.

Only made it through half.  Less than half actually.  I just couldn't take it.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

antelope19

I fell asleep last night watching Oceans 13.  I don't think the movie was that bad, I was just exhausted.   :-D  I think I will try again tonight. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

cactusfan

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 18, 2008, 02:06:43 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on March 18, 2008, 01:52:24 PM
some recent netflix viewings:

Across The Universe. not bad. i liked it more than i thought i would. the look of the movie is great. and i liked a lot of the songs, they definitely created unique versions. some didn't work at all, but more worked than didn't. it was too long. and whatever 'story' was there didn't make much sense or matter at all. but whatever. eddie izzard cracked me up.

I think I'm pretty much with you on that.
Was it just me, or were you waiting for them to find a way to work in "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" while simultaneously cringing at the very notion?

yeah, i know what you mean. just having them winkingly say 'she came in through the bathroom window' and the like was for some reason cringe-inducing.

willsteele

The whole movie made me sick to my stomach.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

rowjimmy

Quote from: cactusfan on March 19, 2008, 02:11:39 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on March 18, 2008, 02:06:43 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on March 18, 2008, 01:52:24 PM
some recent netflix viewings:

Across The Universe. not bad. i liked it more than i thought i would. the look of the movie is great. and i liked a lot of the songs, they definitely created unique versions. some didn't work at all, but more worked than didn't. it was too long. and whatever 'story' was there didn't make much sense or matter at all. but whatever. eddie izzard cracked me up.

I think I'm pretty much with you on that.
Was it just me, or were you waiting for them to find a way to work in "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" while simultaneously cringing at the very notion?

yeah, i know what you mean. just having them winkingly say 'she came in through the bathroom window' and the like was for some reason cringe-inducing.

Otherwise, it kind of worked on the classic Musical Theater sort of level. Old Broadway shows used to be nothing more than the hits of the time strung together with a loose plot (if that much.)

Igbo

The Simpsons Movie- fell asleep trying to watch it both times.

I give up on it.

cactusfan

Southland Tales.

by the director of Donnie Darko.

wow. an absolute train wreck. jaw-dropping in its epic badness. almost three hours long (on the netflix sleeve it said it was 1 hour 40 minutes-- try 2 hours 40 minutes!)

i'd try to explain what it was about, but i have no idea. as my friend said afterwards, it was like he'd been flipping through random cable stations for three hours straight.

bluecaravan521

I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry
It was alright...Adam Sandler doesn't really do it for me
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quinceanera. just finished it.

interesting... can't see what all the hype was about it when it came out....

but interesting, nonetheless...
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

willsteele

Awake.

I sort of enjoyed it.  Did Jessica Alba help me enjoy it?  Probably.

birdman

Better than I expected.
"THIS IS SPARTA..."
Paug FTMFW!

blatboom

Finally watched Thank You For Smoking.

Excellent.

PhishJY

James Bond in The Spy Who Loved Me (1977) followed by Hot Fuzz.  Both winners. Barbara Bach was sooo hawt back then! 8)
Quote from: nab on April 13, 2007, 09:50:05 AM
Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?

sunrisevt

Quote from: PhishJY on March 25, 2008, 03:51:13 PM
James Bond in The Spy Who Loved Me (1977) followed by Hot Fuzz.  Both winners. Barbara Bach was sooo hawt back then! 8)

^^^ 8-)  :lol: ^^^ Cheesiest action chase in film history. But worth it for the Union Jack parachute.

Quote from: blatboom on March 24, 2008, 04:19:08 PM
Finally watched Thank You For Smoking.

Excellent.

Very true--excellent movie, even if it does rank on Vermont a little. Maria Bello is a genius of hotness.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.