News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

Quote from: kellerb on April 29, 2008, 10:27:03 PM
Quote from: Igbo on April 29, 2008, 11:10:09 AM
Dog Day Afternoon- true story about a bank robbery with Pacino and the dude who played Fredo in Godfather. I though it was funny as hell.  Anyone seen it?  Is it a comedy?

Attica!  Attica!

i love this movie. one of my favorites. john cazale is so hilarious and great. not really a comedy, but damn funny.

rowjimmy

Quote from: cactusfan on April 30, 2008, 01:43:07 PM
Dog Day Afternoon- true story about a bank robbery with Pacino and the dude who played Fredo in Godfather. I though it was funny as hell.  Anyone seen it?  Is it a comedy?

Attica!  Attica!

i love this movie. one of my favorites. john cazale is so hilarious and great. not really a comedy, but damn funny.

Sidney Lumet is a genius.

Aside from that whole "The Wiz" debacle...

cleech74

Ease on down, ease on down the road.
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

cactusfan

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 30, 2008, 09:41:12 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on April 30, 2008, 01:43:07 PM

Attica!  Attica!

Sidney Lumet is a genius.

Aside from that whole "The Wiz" debacle...

well, he's one of those geniuses who's made so many movies there's a lot of duds in there. but the great ones sure are great.

tet

IRON MAN!!!!

kicks ass - and stay all the way through the credits if you're a Marvel fan
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

cleech74

There Will Be Blood.  Some cool dialogue from Daniel Day-Lewis.

Strange watching a film about Oilmen in the 1900's in America, in light of all the recent craziness.
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

cactusfan

i'm not sure why i did this to myself, but i just watched The Mist, based on what was actually a pretty good stephen king story, made by frank darabont who made the decent king adaptation Shawshank Redemption as well as the mind-numbingly long and awful Green Mile.

the Mist may be the worst horror movie ever made, which is saying a lot. incredibly boring, incredibly stupid. the one bright spot was the last ten minutes, which just about had me on the floor i was laughing so hard.

Igbo

last night i watched on MTVhd, the Radiohead: In Rainbows from the Basement. IN-FUCKING-CREDIBLE!!! I have always liked Radiohead, but never been a huge fan. Prior to this, i had NEVER seen any live footage of them. this was really amazing. The gig was stunning in its intamacy. I wolud have never imagined Thom Yorke to be so animated while playing. He was ripping his SG on Bodysnatchers.

rowjimmy

mattstick

Well, I haven't finished watching it yet, but I've watched National Treasure: Book Of Secrets in 45 minute chunks over the past few days.

Not too sure what to think, I mean it's obviously cheesy, but it's easy to watch and fast paced.

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on May 07, 2008, 09:10:07 AM

Well, I haven't finished watching it yet, but I've watched National Treasure: Book Of Secrets in 45 minute chunks over the past few days.

Not too sure what to think, I mean it's obviously cheesy, but it's easy to watch and fast paced.

I watched the first one randomly on TNT with zero expectations, but ended up being happy.  It was an enjoyable movie, but yes, ultimately very cheesy.  I have been wanting to check out the next one.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VA $l!m

i saw iron man last night.
i was really cool, though not as good as some of my friends hyped it up to be.
very solid for the most part though.

the preview for the batman movie this summer looked tight.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

hoodie22

Quote from: VA slim on May 10, 2008, 11:39:19 PM
i saw iron man last night.
i was really cool, though not as good as some of my friends hyped it up to be.
very solid for the most part though.

the preview for the batman movie this summer looked tight.

I saw Iron Man yesterday too.
I enjoyed it, very entertaining for sure.

sls.stormyrider

watched the Festival Express DVD today. What  a blast
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

edemille

Rendition...pretty good...unsettling, but I expected that.  Also tried to watch Sweeney Todd, but just couldn't get into it...didn't make it 45 minutes before I just went to bed.