News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

I'll also add that Batman Begins was absolutely great.
My favorite comic film by far.

300 oughta kick ass

VA $l!m

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 22, 2007, 08:19:34 PM
My favorite comic film by far.

300 oughta kick ass

yeah,  the  300 trailer looks real nice...
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

A friend had a book at his house tonight, showed it to ma after dinner, "the art of 300".
Basically it shows images of the comic and how they are rendered on the film along with design sketches and sets and stuff from the film. Hot stuff.

Not for the kiddies...

metalzone58

watched fear and loathing again last night just cant get enough of that movie, would have loved to been able to experience that era of time

OlfactoryHue

i watched alpha dog, i guess it was based on a true story?  i have no clue, but if it was that sux, im not going to ruin the movie for you, but damn this movie made me really sad for the one character
"What do you think you are, for Chrissake, crazy or somethin'? Well you're not! You're not! You're no crazier than the average asshole out walkin' around on the streets and that's it." Randle Patrick McMurphy

cactusfan

yeah, 300 looks cool. isn't it directed by that ass who made the dawn of the dead remake? that movie seriously sucked. i'll still check out this one, i suppose.

i watched Excalibur. from '80. i'd forgotten everything about it. and let me just say: wow. not really good in any sense of the word. but kind of fascinating. it was considered very gritty and cutting edge when it came out. now it's more like watching a bad ren faire. the director, john boorman, who once made amazing movies like Deliverance and Point Blank, also made Zardoz in the early '70s. you must all watch Zardoz if you've never seen it. one of the most original, gripping, and amazingly bad movies ever made. i guarantee you'll watch the entire thing with your jaw on the floor. and it stars sean connery! this in the '70s. not sean's best period.

also watched Woyzeck, a werner herzog movie from the '70s. very strange. very european. good, though. stars the incomparably insane klaus kinski. if you're curious about this mad and fascinating actor, check out herzog's Aguirre, The Wrath of God. great stuff. there's also a doc about their (herzog + kinski) working relationship called My Best Fiend that's very entertaining.

speaking of herzog... i doubt that anyone here would be into getting extremely stoned and watching an atmospheric, surreal, dreamlike movie with an awesome, trippy, middle eastern influenced soundtrack, but if such a person exists, they might enjoy herzog's latest, The Wild Blue Yonder. it's not normal in any sense of the word. i loved it...

Caravan2001

50 Pills....sort of stupid....I wouldn't really recommend it......

mattstick

Quote from: caravan2001 on February 24, 2007, 02:12:32 AM
50 Pills....sort of stupid....I wouldn't really recommend it......

haha, I saw that too... definitely stupid but it had some funny moments.

tet

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 22, 2007, 08:19:34 PM

agreed.  excellent movie, almost (almost) better than the Tim Burton original masterpiece... :-o :beers:
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

thechad

Quote from: tet on February 24, 2007, 11:57:47 AM
agreed.  excellent movie, almost (almost) better than the Tim Burton original masterpiece... :-o :beers:

Agreed, but better than Burton's sequel Batman Returns.  Going to watch The Prestige tonight made by the same director as Batman Begins Christopher Nolan, looks good and it has Scarlet Johanson so I'm not to worried.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

VA $l!m

as far as 300--not sure about dawn of the dead... but i do know its either produced or directed by the same peeps as SInCIty...
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

Clockwork Orange
tamer than I remembered.

newplanet7

Trailer Park Boys- The Movie.
Loved it. :lol: -todd
Quote from: phan003 on June 16, 2007, 01:41:44 PM
Funny would be applying super glue to your nuts and putting said nuts on her face.  Talk about "seeing the light" and remaining faithful to the indigo girls manifesto.  :wink: 

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 16, 2007, 10:33:26 PM
There's more airbrush on that shot than on a Peterbilt with a flame job.
:lol:

"Gus Johnson Got the key"

Guyute

Last 2
Batman Begins
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire  - sick and couldn't sleep
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

rowjimmy

I liked Goblet of Fire. Not quite as good as Alphonso Cuauron's (sp) Prisoner of Azkaban but, still better than the lightweight Chris Columbus take on Harry Potter in the first two movies.
Yes. I like Harry Potter. I also have a 10-year-old daughter. It goes with the territory.