News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nab

"The World's Fastest Indian" with Anthony Hopkins. 

OctopusRider

Quote from: nab on March 07, 2007, 12:50:27 AM
"The World's Fastest Indian" with Anthony Hopkins. 

That is a great movie!

nab

Yea it was, sort of took me by surprise.  Kind of a different role for Anthony Hopkins.

OctopusRider

Quote from: nab on March 07, 2007, 09:51:26 AM
Yea it was, sort of took me by surprise.  Kind of a different role for Anthony Hopkins.

Great role for him. Definitely different. I liked his solution for neighborly bitterness on lawncare.  :lol:

nab

I landscape in the summer so that scene really cracked me up.  Can't think of how many times I've been assigned to rejuvenate an overgrown field and had that same impulse.  Especially since we do carry the fuel. 

OctopusRider

Quote from: nab on March 07, 2007, 08:32:40 PM
I landscape in the summer so that scene really cracked me up.  Can't think of how many times I've been assigned to rejuvenate an overgrown field and had that same impulse.  Especially since we do carry the fuel. 

:-D

mattstick

Watched Marie Antoinette last night - it was pretty good, the set dec and art direction were immaculate and Jason Schwartzman was pretty funny.

Wolfmansbrother

i really loved it
i went in with A LOT of expectations
and was not disappointed

visually, it was pure eye candy, but aside from that im glad they didnt screw around with the story,
now i never read the graphic novel, but the movie told a good story which was complemented by spectatular filming and some powerful acting

plus for you guys out there...theres quite a bit of tits  :beers:

EDIT: who am i kidding this whole damn movie is a 'guy' movie!

Casey Lenahan

Me and my buddies are going to go see that at the Imax Theater. I also heard that at the Imax the blood sprays on the screen
I owe Aug $20

Wolfmansbrother

Quote from: tehdead on March 11, 2007, 01:02:34 PM
Me and my buddies are going to go see that at the Imax Theater. I also heard that at the Imax the blood sprays on the screen

it sprayed on the regular screen as well
haha lots of it

VA $l!m

just watched "school of rock" on cable.

that shit was fuckin awesome.

jack black should've won an oscar for that role.

i had a real shitty day, and it had me laughing to tears.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

nab

Borat

Had me chuckling throughout.  Still trying to get the scene at the hotel out of my head.

cactusfan

The Duellists, ridley scott's first movie (his 2nd was Alien, 3rd was Bladerunner).
starring harvey keitel.
not very good.
beautiful cinematography, but totally boring, no real story, opaque characters.
oh well. i was curious, is all...

grewich

the prestige...my gf & I enjoyed this...

however, I had this one figured out pretty early....

on the other hand the illusionist while not as good had me guessing till the end...
in your face

thechad

I just watched the Prestige for the 2nd time, and you catch a lot more things to give it away.  Your right I was able to figure it out almost a once but wasn't sure how they were going to pull it off.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock