News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Well, today I risked $9.00, the wrath of my wife and permanent bladder damage in order to see Grindhouse.

Fucking awesome.

Totally
fucking
awesome.

Hicks

Quote from: phan003 on April 06, 2007, 10:37:25 PM
I think its as good as Anchor Man and Tall. Nights. 
Pretty huge gap in laughs/minute between those two if you ask me.  Sacha Baron Cohen was the only consistently funny part of Ricky Bobby, IMO.

"Will you be my, Katie Couric?" 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

birdman

I forced my wife to sit down last night and watch "The Deer Hunter" with me last night (her first time). One of my alltime favorites, gets better with every viewing.
Paug FTMFW!

sls.stormyrider

her first time? Well, my wife will NEVER watch it again (not cause she thinks it was bad, but the blood and gore factor)
great movie. I went to school in western PA and a lot of my friends and there dads worked in the mills so that part hit home.
I found a lot of it very disturbing, which, or course, it's supposed to be.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

cactusfan

Quote from: birdman on April 07, 2007, 07:58:30 PM
  I forced my wife to sit down last night and watch "The Deer Hunter" with me last night (her first time). One of my alltime favorites, gets better with every viewing.

i love the scene just before the deer hunt, where john cazale has forgotten everything again, and deniro gets up in his face, holds up a bullet and says "See this? This is this. This ain't something else. THIS is THIS." i don't know why exactly, but i love that line.

birdman

"one bullet"...
I love the contrasts between the different scenes, such as the drab mill town vs. the ornate Russian church...just great cinematography

My wife was definately disturbed. Its funny, most of the movies my wife finds really disturbing are some of my favorites (Deer Hunter, Clockwork, Godfather). If she came home from a film I haven't seen and was terriby upset by it, I generally know right off that its got to be a great flick.
Paug FTMFW!

Hicks

Quote from: birdman on April 07, 2007, 08:30:30 PM
If she came home from a film I haven't seen and was terriby upset by it, I generally know right off that its got to be a great flick.
:lol:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sls.stormyrider

"one bullet"...
I love the contrasts between the different scenes, such as the drab mill town vs. the ornate Russian church...just great cinematography

My wife was definately disturbed. Its funny, most of the movies my wife finds really disturbing are some of my favorites (Deer Hunter, Clockwork, Godfather). If she came home from a film I haven't seen and was terriby upset by it, I generally know right off that its got to be a great flick.
:-)
yea, the one bullet thing - the whole russian roullete and how Walken became a junkie
and when he\Deniro had the deer in his scope, and missed, and yelled "You Happy"
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

cactusfan

"one bullet"...

maybe you should watch Deliverance together next. then she'll really think you're disturbed.  :wink:

tet

saw some GREAT movies on the plane, ones i just hadn't had time to see lately...

The Departed - probably one of the best movies in the last quarter century.  masterful from start to finish.

Stranger Than Fiction - fascinating story, and amazingly superb acting from Will Ferrell.  Dustin Hoffman's presence is only an awesome bonus.

also watched Borat (meh, the HBO series is funnier) and Pick of Destiny (which was OK, but nothing spectacular)
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

rowjimmy

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 07, 2007, 04:51:17 PM
Well, today I risked $9.00, the wrath of my wife and permanent bladder damage in order to see Grindhouse.

Fucking awesome.

Totally
fucking
awesome.

Am I seriously the only one who saw this this weekend?

You guys need to get out more. Tell your wives/girlfriends/pets or whatever that you are going to the hardware store or something and see this flick.

cactusfan

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 09, 2007, 07:45:17 AM
Am I seriously the only one who saw this this weekend?

You guys need to get out more. Tell your wives/girlfriends/pets or whatever that you are going to the hardware store or something and see this flick.

i'm definitely going. just haven't had a chance yet.

thechad

Watched a *ahem*   "Liberated" copy of 300 last night and thought it was pretty good.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

Red Sea Pedestrian

Quote from: thechadbaker on April 10, 2007, 03:36:05 AM
Watched a *ahem*   "Liberated" copy of 300 last night and thought it was pretty good.

I watched two movies last week. One of them was 300. I really enjoyed, really well done over the top violence, with a very surreal style. Not a good date movie, however.

I also saw Beufort, an Israeli movie about an Israeli base in Lebanon set in 2001 (I think). It deals with the constant shelling of the base, and the eventual evacuation of said base when Israel retreated from Lebanon in that same year. Very interesting movie, that shows a more realistic perspective on military service then, say, Saving Private Ryan or Band of Brothers, since the behaviour of the characters seemed to make a lot more sense to me, and made the movie feel much more real. Anyways, if you get a chance to see it somehow, I highly recommend it (english subtitles are included even in the Israeli version of the movie, so no worrys about that).

alcoholandcoffeebeans

agreed. grindhouse is definately worth it.
so that was the last movie i saw...

last movie i bought was the before sunrise/before sunset duo.
i'm a girl, and deep down i like love stories.

:-)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫