News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

Out Of The Past

with robert mitchum and kirk douglas, from '47.
kick-ass film noir.
highly recommended, if you like that sort of thing.

VA $l!m

the good sheppard.

really not as good as i expected or as good as everyone else led me to believe...
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

I liked the Good Shepherd. Not for everyone, I guess.

Just watched finished Remains of The Day last night. Excellent film. total slow simmer of a plot.

Also, today, watched Ice Age: The Meltdown. Fun. Though I've seen it before (many times) and I was working on a transfer with headphones on during much of it.

VA $l!m

so no spidey 3 reviews yet??

i've heard pretty good things, but also heard there is a lot of romance/relationship BS...

i'll prob catch a matinee this week some time.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

It has its own thread, doesn't it?

OctopusRider

I left some comments here and in the other thread for Spidey-3. Got shut down both times.  :samurai:

Yeah, the relationship stuff is heavy. Probably not more than the 1st two though. It sort of builds all along the way I think.

I kind of like the relationship stuff. As long as it's not so much that it's a chick flick. Kind of like in Attack Of The Clones. It needs that stuff in order for us to get that feeling of where they are coming from inside for the rest to fall into place. I guess...

rowjimmy

Admit it, you like chick flicks.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

OctopusRider

OK...Serendipity is great. I've always liked that one. The Family Man is another one. I laugh my ass off every time I....my wife makes me....watch them.

Hicks

When Harry Met Sally is the Citizen Kane of chick flicks. 

I have no idea what that statement means, if anything.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

OctopusRider

Quote from: Hicks on May 12, 2007, 08:48:58 PM
When Harry Met Sally is the Citizen Kane of chick flicks. 

I have no idea what that statement means, if anything.

I'm picturing an entire cabinet (enclosed) of chick flick DVDs in Hicks' pad. Harry Met Sally the definitive 2-disc collector's edition up front.  :-D

Maybe Steel Magnolias and Love Story too.

Hicks

Quote from: OctopusRider on May 12, 2007, 08:55:12 PM
I'm picturing an entire cabinet (enclosed) of chick flick DVDs in Hicks' pad. Harry Met Sally the definitive 2-disc collector's edition up front.  :-D

Maybe Steel Magnolias and Love Story too.

:-D Would it really be any better than the pile of Star Wars, LOTR, cartoons, and music DVDs that I do have?
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

OctopusRider

Quote from: Hicks on May 12, 2007, 09:06:14 PM
:-D Would it really be any better than the pile of Star Wars, LOTR, cartoons, and music DVDs that I do have?

I'm right there with you on those. Only I have about 3 cabinets full and several boxes in the basement of old VHS Star Wars, cartoons and music videos.  :roll: I just can't seem to part with them.

Bobafett

Yeah but do you have the Original Millenium Falcon with removeable top still in the box? :|
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

rowjimmy

Blades of Glory.

Not Anchorman funny but, pretty fun.

Also, Star Trek: Nemesis.
Yes. I watch Star Trek. Don't act like you're surprised.
Pretty rockin movie, that.

Hicks

Quote from: Bobafett on May 14, 2007, 08:54:18 AM
Yeah but do you have the Original Millenium Falcon with removeable top still in the box? :|

I wish!  I had a younger brother so all my toys were handed down to him.  It's cool though, he had fun with them too.

My dad worked for Warner Bros. when I was a kid and he got me some INSANE stuff that I promptly destroyed.  The one I regret the most was a portfolio of conceputal Star Wars art prints that I put up on the walls with scotch tape.  :|