News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 25, 2007, 11:51:05 PM
The Unforgiven

Been easily a decade since I last watched this. Credits are rolling now. I sat with a glass of 9y/o bourbon and enjoyed the hell out of this one.

one of the greatest westerns of all time.

we all got it comin', kid.

deserve's got nuthin to do with it.

rowjimmy

It's a hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got, and all he's ever gonna have.

cactusfan

i'm building a house!

i love that movie, too. i should watch it again, been awhile. best thing clint ever directed by far. helped to have such a great script, written by david webb peoples, who most notably wrote blade runner and twelve monkeys. clint actually bought the script for unforgiven back in the early '80s and sat on it, figuring he needed to be older before he starred in it. good call.

rowjimmy

Clint Eastwood is the muthafuckin man.

Hicks

They should have made it illegal to make any more Westerns after that one, I mean really how can anyone improve on that?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sls.stormyrider

best line in any western

What did you say your name was, stranger?

I didn't

Best theme music in a western
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (maybe best title too)

Clint IS the man
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Just trumped last night's viewing of Unforgiven...

Elem Klimov's "Come And See"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091251/

A mindblowing and disturbingly intense descent into WWII and the German occupation of Belarus.

Seriously the most intense war movie I've ever seen.
ten out of ten...

cactusfan

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 27, 2007, 12:21:20 AM
Just trumped last night's viewing of Unforgiven...

Elem Klimov's "Come And See"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091251/

A mindblowing and disturbingly intense descent into WWII and the German occupation of Belarus.

Seriously the most intense war movie I've ever seen.
ten out of ten...

never heard of it! it is now on my netflix queue.
you have seen Das Boot, i presume? one of my favorite WWII flicks.

i saw the zombie movie last night, 28 Weeks Later. definitely pales compared to the first one. some good action scenes, a nice overall metaphor going on regarding america fucking up iraq, but other than that the best part of the movie was lauging at how amazingly stupid it is. no one really does anything a real human being would do, they only do things convenient for the filmmakers. which things inevitably involve zombies and explosions, so whatever.  definitely a rental.

rowjimmy

Das Boot's got nuthin on this.

Seriously, I felt shell shocked for an hour after seeing it.

rowjimmy

Shrek The Third
Yes. I have kids.
I was entertained... I try not to think about how much it cost...

rowjimmy

And to cap off a weekend of highbrow cinema, last night we watched "40 Year Old Virgin."

I had not seen it before and enjoyed it quite a bit.

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

thechad

Watched a documentary on Robert Moog really cool stuff.  Talking a lot about how hard it was in the beginning to get people to buy it and talked to a lot of musicians about what it was like to play one for the 1st time. It's on Showtime this month, so if you have cable look for it.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

converse29

The Lost Room. This is a mini-series that was on the sci-fi channel. I've only seen the first episode. Quirky stuff....... :-D