News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/27 - DCU Center - Woosta, MA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mbw, December 27, 2010, 11:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Seven Below is pretty interesting.  Gets WTU-ish and stays there for a bit before the segue.

Gumbo72203

TREY CLEAN GUITAR ON ROGGAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO OVERDRIVE!!!! !  BAHHHH!H!H!!!H!HH!!!!!!     Holy fuck this r00lz immense-like because for that.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Gumbo72203

HOly fuck their harmonies don't suck on the chorus either!!!!!!!!!!

A lil rust, but....  its sounding good.  Vocal-cold of Trey for at that a bit for I'm assuming much.  So, probably. 

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Gumbo72203

Oh MAN!!!  PAGE FILLS ON PIANO!!!!!  KICK-ASS OF AWESOME!!!!   For oh-fish00l. 

Oh man Trey isn't goofing the guitar.  Page rage on piano oh man-0.  Chill intensity.  Gordo dance-bass jolly-trotting up high on the upper registers of his bass guitar neck.  Page piano, oh man you are so great. 

YWEAHH!!!!!  FUCKIN PAGE!!!!!!   CHILL TREY LICKS!!!!!!   

they're listening.  to each other.  Onstage.   Is good, that. 

Ladies and gentleguys, we have approached the onset of the Mammoth Rogganus Phishis.  After the next time they play it, the next time time they play it will feature a rocket-launch into upper-register goosebump territory. 

Trey's a lil heavy on the whale 'lickins tho, here now.  This is one giant ball of tension, though OH TREY!!! YEAH THERE WE GO!!! 8:09 Finally!!!! 

Not greatest, at that, but for much of a non-played song, there was very significant in amounts of boldness and for attempts of at-going-there, for the big climb; but marred, it was, by for trying to hard, by Trey particularly.  He wants it to rage, though; you can definitely tell. 

Its gonna be sick, tho, when they get the tension/release formula for that jam down.  Its coming.  Buy a ticket.

Gumbo72203

Buffalo Budd

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Sorry, this is Phishy69, changed it a few weeks back.  Anyway, it'd been awhile since I'd seen ya post, now I see you've posted a few days ago to another thread.  Good to see ya back  :beers:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Caravan2001

Caravan2001

JPhishman

I did expect this to be a warmup show going in but still hoped for a little more than they gave, or so I thought upon leaving the show. First listen back right now and I'm enjoying it overall.

Not super exciting, but hey it's  :phish:! So that pretty much works for me most of the time. Especially when listening back conjures awesome memories of the experience.

Not to mention that if I were to come back here and hate on a show I drove 600 miles under the gun to be at, well that would just suck. Never did enjoy hating much.  :-P
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

McGrupp

Quote from: JPhishman on January 03, 2011, 10:14:07 PM
I did expect this to be a warmup show going in but still hoped for a little more than they gave, or so I thought upon leaving the show. First listen back right now and I'm enjoying it overall.

Not super exciting, but hey it's  :phish:! So that pretty much works for me most of the time. Especially when listening back conjures awesome memories of the experience.

Not to mention that if I were to come back here and hate on a show I drove 600 miles under the gun to be at, well that would just suck. Never did enjoy hating much.  :-P

In hindsight, these worcester shows were kinda cool because there was just such a TENSE and anticipatory vibe for the shows (esp 12/27) - the blizzard, the buildup to nye, the start of the run, etc. This wasn't the best show of the run, but the vibe was awesome and everyone was really excited (or at least everyone I was chilling with was).

Worcester was a totally different experience than NY, but that really goes without saying...MSG is untouchable.

/aimless babble
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Superfreakie

-7>WTU = $

better type 2 than the 1/1/11 Simple IMO

If only Trey hadn't botched a few notes in a couple of the WTU builds. While botches here and there are fine, in WTU they are harder to digest because you are so focused on what he is playing.

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

VDB

Quote from: mattstick on December 29, 2010, 09:06:43 PM

Seven Below is pretty interesting.  Gets WTU-ish and stays there for a bit before the segue.

Yup. I just listened to this segment just now (actually, watched the video, same one SF posted) and I really dug it. Instead of starting the -7 jam off with delicate Trey noodling -> rock peak, as he is wont to do rather often, Trey instead started adding color off the bat with chords and the wah-wah. I wish every jam started this way; it seems much easier for them/Trey to go from delicate textures to places uncharted as opposed to the usual song -> solo -> jam? formula.

Trey's ideas in the latter portion of -7 were really excellent. Like Mattstick said, it basically turned into a variation on WTU, which was really cool, and undoubtedly what gave Trey the idea to play the song proper. As is the case in 3.0, however, it seems like Trey either got excited/ADD or figured there was no way to slowly, cleverly segue into WTU, so he kind of shut the jam down into some ambient dissolution so he could start up WTU. I would have preferred drawing out the jam and organically winding into WTU, or simply not playing it at all and instead sticking with the WTU jam/variation that -7 had gotten into.

Anyway. Cool segment nonetheless.
Is this still Wombat?