News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 10, 2019, 12:32:21 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on July 09, 2019, 07:52:40 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on July 09, 2019, 07:37:03 PM
So the new GD Fillmore West dropped today- so pumped!  I need it, as do all of you.  9000 pressed.

https://smile.amazon.com/Fillmore-West-San-Francisco-Ca/dp/B07S86HPVL/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=dead+2%2F28%2F69&qid=1562715317&s=gateway&sr=8-1

My shop in DC was supposed to get me one of these.
Must possess.

Got a DM from the shop just now.
My copy is locked down.

want to try and snag mine today.  I have a $50 gift card, so hopefully that store has it.  They are listed on the website as having it.

Hicks

9000 is a pretty big run, I bet they hang around and will be cheaper in a couple months. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

While quite possibly one of the greatest shows ever, I find that a hefty price tag for a single LP.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on July 10, 2019, 02:10:02 PM
While quite possibly one of the greatest shows ever, I find that a hefty price tag for a single LP.

It's a 5 LP set.  $20/record isn't so bad.  I wish it was $75 but...

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on July 10, 2019, 12:56:10 PM
9000 is a pretty big run, I bet they hang around and will be cheaper in a couple months.

probably...the last one (first in the series) is 4xLP and it's going for $70 on Discogs

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Caravan2001 on July 10, 2019, 02:19:10 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on July 10, 2019, 02:10:02 PM

It's a 5 LP set.  $20/record isn't so bad.  I wish it was $75 but...

Ok, that makes much more sense.
In the description I read this so I was confused.

QuoteNumber of Discs: 1
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

My shop got two. When he messaged me, he said that he'd already received six calls for it?!

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 10, 2019, 02:43:31 PM

My shop got two. When he messaged me, he said that he'd already received six calls for it?!

I don't think it will be hard to find but it might run out at some point.  In other news, I cannot believe Sunshine Daydream LP is going for $300.  There were only 5000 and it is easily a top 5 (3?) show of all time but wow.

rowjimmy

Picked mine up, and I think I got a little break on it so got out of there for $90.

mistercharlie

Feedbands Records is having a $5 per record sale (includes shipping),and I just grabbed Toubab Krewe's "TK2" & American Native's "Specular Fiction" for $10 combined.

https://feedbands.com/vinyl/record-archive/
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

Looks like there's going to be at least 2 more years of Blue Note Tone Poet reissues...

susep

Quote from: mattstick on July 20, 2019, 04:19:29 PM

Looks like there's going to be at least 2 more years of Blue Note Tone Poet reissues...

Sweet!  One of these years I'll begin collecting Impulse titles like I do BN. 

mattstick

Caravan2001

Quote from: mattstick on July 22, 2019, 07:36:44 PM
https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/discogs-crate-diggers-vinyl-record-fair-new-york-city-2019/

That seems like it could be cool, at least the DJ part.  The WFMU record fair that happens in NYC every year is one of the biggest in the world and I have never walked out of there with an empty bag.  It's a little overwhelming but there are some amazing deals to be had in every genre.  I usually get through about 15% of the booths before I've blown my budget.

mattstick

Playing my Blue Note Tone Poet Kenny Burrell "Introduction" LP fresh off the delivery truck, an LP I've wanted forever...

Joe Henderson State of the Tenor Vol. 1,
Ellington Mingus Roach Money Jungle,
Tina Brooks The Waiting Game,
and Chet Baker Sings are all Tone Poet releases approved for 2020.