News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Complete Album Listened To?

Started by August, May 21, 2006, 02:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcider

weird, i didnt know that.  i had the long box too.  I've always kinda mentally tied together "down in a hole" and "got me wrong" because they both have super-hooky choruses about being really depressed.

coincidentally, I was just listening to the other Schenker on vinyl:

UFO - Lights Out

khalpin

Listened to Led Zeppelin II today, which got me thinking...  :phish: has covered or jammed on quite a few tunes on that album.  So what album have they covered or jammed on the most tunes, yet not actually covered the entire album in a single set?  I'm guessing a Hendrix album.

anthrax

Hella of a question.  Tweet zzyzx and get him on this one!

mopper_smurf

The Claypool Lennon Deliriium - Monolith of Phobos

Full stream here: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-claypool-lennon-deliriums-outlandish-debut-20160526

Jumble Hole Clough - Live at the Nutclough with Mick West, 21st May 2016
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

Mr. Natural

Finally got around to Ty Segall. Started with MANIPULATOR

Waythefuckintoit. I like how this and Oh Sees is like zen rock, first take best take. They write the song, record the song, and move on. I don't get the sense they spend a whole lotta time 'working out the solo.' Just get the right killerguitartone and take off.

Which may me why I had a hard time getting into SLEEPER

After riding high on MANIPULATOR for a while, this felt demo-y [read - unfinished] to me. Listening to it pushed that zen thing a little too far for me.
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

barnesy305

Quote from: Mr. Natural on July 16, 2016, 07:25:22 PM
Finally got around to Ty Segall. Started with MANIPULATOR

Waythefuckintoit. I like how this and Oh Sees is like zen rock, first take best take. They write the song, record the song, and move on. I don't get the sense they spend a whole lotta time 'working out the solo.' Just get the right killerguitartone and take off.

Which may me why I had a hard time getting into SLEEPER

After riding high on MANIPULATOR for a while, this felt demo-y [read - unfinished] to me. Listening to it pushed that zen thing a little too far for me.

Check out his collaboration with White Fence called Hair, it's awesome. As is Twins.

rowjimmy

Buffalo Budd

Manipulator is my jam, love that album.

While you're checking out Ty Segall projects, you might as well give Fuzz (S/T) a whirl.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Mr. Natural

Just picked up TWINS, though I haven't given it a spin just yet.

I remember youTube-ing the first FUZZ album. It didn't grab me, but now that I've developed an appreciation I'll go back and give it another listen.

I was reading about HAIR on Wiki, so that's on the list now, too.

As is my m.o., I got into Ty by reading a review of his local show; in other words, right after he played here.  :frustrated:

rowjimmy

Dude's a monster.
Very faithful about putting shit on vinyl too, which is nice.
Once you dig on Hair, go grab some White Fence.

Mr. Natural

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 19, 2016, 09:48:46 AM
Dude's a monster.

The wife has got a copy of MANIPULATOR coming in to the local record store.
She's picked up a part-time job in a restaurant and has been putting a lot of her tip $ toward new records, which has kept Sturgill Simpson on our turntable for the last week and a half.

META-MODERN SOUNDS IN COUNTRY MUSIC

and A SAILOR'S GUIDE TO EARTH

jam>

Quote from: Mr. Natural on July 23, 2016, 12:48:33 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on July 19, 2016, 09:48:46 AM
Dude's a monster.

The wife has got a copy of MANIPULATOR coming in to the local record store.
She's picked up a part-time job in a restaurant and has been putting a lot of her tip $ toward new records, which has kept Sturgill Simpson on our turntable for the last week and a half.

META-MODERN SOUNDS IN COUNTRY MUSIC

and A SAILOR'S GUIDE TO EARTH

She sounds like a real keeper

rowjimmy

Both of those records are so good.