News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Decemberists are on tour!

Started by mattstick, October 29, 2006, 08:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Anyone go, or going to see the Decemberists on their current tour?

I bought a ticket for the Glasgow show on Feb 4 - can't wait.

http://www.decemberists.com/tour.aspx

edited by guyforget to add the link to the dates.

jedifunk

i'll have to look at their schedule... if they come to mpls then i'm there!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

guyforget

We'd REALLY like to hit one of the Ohio shows, but its a 3 - 3.5 hour drive from here to both Cleveland and Columbus. 
-AD_

ucusty

i would take the train to a-dam for the paradiso show if i were you
:beers:

rowjimmy

They're here tonight and last night...
way sold out tho.

jedifunk

there here in 2 weeks!!  i'm there!

too bad everything that comes here is always at 1st Ave... yeah, yeah, its a historic venue and all, but the place sucks to see a show at...  bummer.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mattstick

Can't wait to hear a review!

Get your tix early - they've been selling out in some cities.

nab

Have any of you guys heard of Tarkio?

mattstick

jedifunk

jambase is reviewing the decemberists?  isnt that kinda out of genre for them?
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: jedifunk on November 02, 2006, 04:17:48 PM
jambase is reviewing the decemberists?  isnt that kinda out of genre for them?

If you look in the comments section of said review, I believe the first reviewer, actually, speaks to that very point.  The comment is neither eloquent nor positive, but someone out there feels the same way you do jedi.

Is that comforting to know?   :-P

I have to at least give credit to jambase...they resisted the urge to do yet ANOTHER profile of Tea Leaf Green.

guyforget

I think Jambase tried to make the shift from being jamband specific to just being live music specific some years ago.  Similar to the way that you find indie and hip hop acts at what were typically jamband music festivals at one point.

5 years ago if Id told you that My Morning Jacket would be the best band at High Sierra Music Festival (yes, Ive heard numerous people claim this) 2006, would you have believed that they even would be playing there, much less be impressing people? 

I think its a good thing.  I havent heard every studio album released by a jamband this year, but Id be willing to bet that Id take The Crane Wife over 99% of them. 
-AD_

jedifunk

Quote from: guyforget on November 02, 2006, 05:41:31 PM
I think Jambase tried to make the shift from being jamband specific to just being live music specific some years ago.  Similar to the way that you find indie and hip hop acts at what were typically jamband music festivals at one point.

5 years ago if Id told you that My Morning Jacket would be the best band at High Sierra Music Festival (yes, Ive heard numerous people claim this) 2006, would you have believed that they even would be playing there, much less be impressing people? 

I think its a good thing.  I havent heard every studio album released by a jamband this year, but Id be willing to bet that Id take The Crane Wife over 99% of them. 

without a doubt correct on all points matt... especially that MMJ rocked high sierra (cuz they f'in own), and that crane wife is a seriously sick album...

my comment wasnt out of being upset that jambase would cover the decemberists, but one of surprise since i dont ever go to jambase...  and i havent yet read the review.

but i will be seeing the decemberists 11/12 in mpls.... 
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

mattstick

guyforget = allen, not matt

;)

I'm so jealous you're going to see them soon - Feb is too long, I'm afraid my unbridled excitement for the songs on The Crane Wife will have faded slightly by then!

I've decided to give The Crane Wife to a handful of people for Christmas this year.

Oh Valencia!

jedifunk

Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio