News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Jazzfest 2018, or the all things NOLA thread

Started by PIE-GUY, October 19, 2017, 10:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

For sure, I'm seeing John Medeski et al on Maison on the 1st (the day I arrive), and the Herbie Hancock tribute and the Prince tribute at Maison on the 6th.

In between, will be winging it, mostly. Can't wait.

gah

Quote from: cactusfan on April 28, 2018, 11:50:35 AM
For sure, I'm seeing John Medeski et al on Maison on the 1st (the day I arrive), and the Herbie Hancock tribute and the Prince tribute at Maison on the 6th.

Solid selections. Another solid show at the maison is the Fiya Powa Thursday 2am show...went to that a couple years ago, they oversold tickets, and so you had to wait outside for awhile, but once you got in, it was pretty great.

I've officially given up looking at the grids, and am just gonna go where the nights take me. Other than JRAD of course.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

You need a ticket to that Fiya Power show at maison tomorrow night? I have an extra vip ticket. I'll be there for sure. I'll be at the Nola crawfish fest before it.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

cactusfan

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 30, 2018, 04:21:27 PM

You need a ticket to that Fiya Power show at maison tomorrow night? I have an extra vip ticket. I'll be there for sure. I'll be at the Nola crawfish fest before it.

Thanks, but coming from the west coast, I'll be up damn early to catch my flight, and will likely need some sleep that first night.

gah

Quote from: cactusfan on April 30, 2018, 07:32:35 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 30, 2018, 04:21:27 PM

Thanks, but coming from the west coast, I'll be up damn early to catch my flight, and will likely need some sleep that first night.

Sleep? I don't know anything about that during fest.

Buffalo Budd

While slow to start (without the rest of the band's vocals), this 46 Days is no slouch.

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on May 02, 2018, 09:02:15 PM
While slow to start (without the rest of the band's vocals), this 46 Days is no slouch.

Will watch.  I saw it on the stream and I was impressed.

anthrax

gah

I know PG just started the 2019 thread, but I didn't want to start it with sad news.

RIP Houseman.  :-(

https://www.jambase.com/article/new-orleans-vocalist-theryl-houseman-declouet-1951-2018

PIE-GUY

Quote from: gah on July 16, 2018, 02:35:46 PM
I know PG just started the 2019 thread, but I didn't want to start it with sad news.

RIP Houseman.  :-(

https://www.jambase.com/article/new-orleans-vocalist-theryl-houseman-declouet-1951-2018

Yeah. That's a shitty one... He was the dude, for sure.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul