News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Jazzfest 2018, or the all things NOLA thread

Started by PIE-GUY, October 19, 2017, 10:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

Forgot to mention that Mrs. SF and I are coming down for this year's party!!!!!!!  :rawk:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

emay

:beers: :crazy: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:

that is great news! Party time!! when are you going to be in town?

gah

shit just got serious.

paging PG: we actually have a RC list going to fest this year! update that!  :crazy:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Superfreakie

We have tickets to JRAD already, so that's the weekend we will be there and we will probably do the Thursday and Friday, maybe Wednesday.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

emay

wow bunch of late nights announced recently and its getting my super excited

Pissed I missed the Daze between band last year but two nights this year with some pretty good line ups, wont be missing them this time.
Wed Night @ One EYed Jacks
Dave Schools
Eric Krasno
Duane Trucks
featuring
John Medeski
and
Tom Hamilton

Thurs Night @ Howlin Wolf
Eric Krasno
Dave Schools
Duane Trucks
and Special Guests
Marcus King
and
Deshawn "D'Vibes"

Also on Thursday night this looks interesting - Dead Blues @ Little Gem
Grahame Lesh
Luther Dickinson
Elliott Peck
Daru Jones
Marcus Machado
plus special guest
John Medeski

And then at the Maple Leaf
Colonel Bruce Tribute
Performances By
Duane Trucks
Marcus King
John Medeski
Jake Eckert
Brandon "Taz" Niederauer
Roosevelt Collier
And So Many More!

And that just brings us to the start of the 2nd weekend lol  :rawk:  :crazy:

gah

I keep checking in on the grids....
http://www.jazzfestgrids.com/second_weekend/
and it's just getting to be too much goodness for me to take in...I....just....dont....know....what......to....  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

eta: roll cal missing cactusfan

also, i think we need sub roll calls for other shows we're all hitting up, for example, jrad...i think all of us are going to be there friday night right?

emay

Quote from: gah on February 22, 2018, 04:47:23 PM
and it's just getting to be too much goodness for me to take in...I....just....dont....know....what......to....  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

also, i think we need sub roll calls for other shows we're all hitting up, for example, jrad...i think all of us are going to be there friday night right?

I think so, Gonna be a rager! Still up to walk over the Howlin wolf after for that late late night too.
Yeah been checking into the grids every week for updates, just saw that dump above today. Good stuff!!

Wed going to be a marathon, so far the plan is Crawfish Fest > my boi Kermit Ruffins at Little Gem! > Daze Between Band > John Medeski's Mad Skillet
Down to check out whatever Thursday night after the fest.

gah

Quote from: emay on February 22, 2018, 04:54:37 PM
Quote from: gah on February 22, 2018, 04:47:23 PM

I think so, Gonna be a rager! Still up to walk over the Howlin wolf after for that late late night too.
Yeah been checking into the grids every week for updates, just saw that dump above today. Good stuff!!

Wed going to be a marathon, so far the plan is Crawfish Fest > my boi Kermit Ruffins at Little Gem! > Daze Between Band > John Medeski's Mad Skillet
Down to check out whatever Thursday night after the fest.

Not getting there til late Wednesday evening, around 11pm, but the plan was to check into our spot, and then head straight to john medeski's mad skillet at maison...

Thursday looking at daze between band, hadn't seen that dead blues, but that looks enticing too, and dead feat but I don't like the Republic as a venue, so leaning heavy towards GPJr and Johnny V at the Maple Leaf ...seems like a pretty standard way to start night time festing for meh...

Friday jrad, then dr. klaw
Saturday KDTU, then greyboy allstars
Sunday, hasn't been announced yet, but dumpstaphunk at tips is a solid way to close out.

Now, ALL of that could change about 300 times between now and then, but that's what todays plans look like.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

^^^  :shakehead:

In other news Galactiphunk at Maison Saturday night 2am?!

gah

CUBES!!!

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

PIE-GUY

Quote from: gah on March 27, 2018, 02:25:52 PM
CUBES!!!

Printing now... busting out the pink hilighter... gonna fire up some New Orleans vinyl and get to work this afternoon.

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 27, 2018, 03:04:31 PM
Quote from: gah on March 27, 2018, 02:25:52 PM
CUBES!!!

Printing now... busting out the pink hilighter... gonna fire up some New Orleans vinyl and get to work this afternoon.

And THAT is how it's done.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard  :clap:  :crazy:  :rawk:  :music:

cactusfan

For most of these aftershows, should one be concerned with them selling out? Or is so much going on that it's not so much an issue?

PIE-GUY

Quote from: cactusfan on March 28, 2018, 01:17:07 AM
For most of these aftershows, should one be concerned with them selling out? Or is so much going on that it's not so much an issue?

Some will never sell out. Some will sell out hours before.  Some will sell weeks before. It really depends.