News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Trey Acoustic Shows

Started by rowjimmy, January 24, 2017, 01:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

I've actually never heard that tune...but the even bigger bust out here is Glide II!  That's a good tune, IMO. Simple, floaty and catchy. I want to hear a Mikes>Glide 2>Weekapaug.

I only got to catch the second of the two boulder shows last night. Kinda bummed I missed the first night.

Straight up - if you love Phish/Trey like I (we) do.... how could you possibly have a bad time? It's our dude... up there, pouring his heart out. I cried like seven times.

I will say I kiiiinnnnda feel like I missed the better night of the two. Lotta new songs last night.... which I didn't hate, but I do wish I caught some stuff he played on night 1. Also.... did anyone else who caught these shows think his "looped guitar" sounded like garbage??? It honestly confused me. The second he clicked that loop pedal it sounded like what he played was coming from a 1950's radio. I assume it was an artistic choice, to keep his "live" guitar sounding up front, but it was just weird to me...

Also... nearly $100 ticket?! Wtf. Dude has gotta be raking in the $$$.
Bring in the dude!

sunrisevt

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 16, 2018, 05:21:54 PM
nearly $100 ticket?! Wtf. Dude has gotta be raking in the $$$.

I mean sure he's rich, but these are pretty small rooms, right? It's not like there's 15-20k heads in there. Maybe a couple thousand seats, at most of these gigs?
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

jasonsobel

I've actually never heard that tune...but the even bigger bust out here is Glide II!  That's a good tune, IMO. Simple, floaty and catchy. I want to hear a Mikes>Glide 2>Weekapaug.

Glide II for sure, big bust out.  But you've never heard Snowflakes in the Sand?  You really need to revisit May '99, both acoustic and electric sets.  Awesome stuff there.
sing me back home before I die

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Hicks

Haven't listened to both shows but Boulder 1 is the shit.

Still really happy with Eugene show I saw, but he might have topped it on Friday with the bust outs and Sleep and Pebbles and Marbles which are two I haven't seen since 09 and would love to catch again.

I could be wrong but I don't remember him playing with a looping pedal at all in Eugene. I was actually surprised because I know he was doing that quite a bit on the tour last year. 

Even though tix were pricey, well worth it, would love to see another one of these shows, really unique and special experience. 

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

I don't remember him looping at Eugene either.  Listened to Denver 1 and it sounds great, but I have really like all of them.  The only ones I have not heard yet are Boulder 2 and Redding.  Have really enjoyed it.  I think face with fees was $90 for the highest tier in Eugene.  Well worth it I think.  But the Eugene show was not sold out and by the time the show came around, tix were $30 online and also free ones stuck into the side of the venue.  I wish I had snapped a pic of those.  That said, super scalper Hicks took both my pair and my brother in laws pair and got good dough for them 30 minutes before the show.  I wasn't even going to bother going out and trying to sell them and Hicks took up the challenge and sold four basically worthless (market value I mean) tickets in like 15 minutes.  It was miracle.  And all the while doing that ended up buying another single and flipping that at profit too.  Guy is a stud.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Caravan2001 on December 17, 2018, 12:43:26 AM
I don't remember him looping at Eugene either.  Listened to Denver 1 and it sounds great, but I have really like all of them.  The only ones I have not heard yet are Boulder 2 and Redding.  Have really enjoyed it.  I think face with fees was $90 for the highest tier in Eugene.  Well worth it I think.  But the Eugene show was not sold out and by the time the show came around, tix were $30 online and also free ones stuck into the side of the venue.  I wish I had snapped a pic of those.  That said, super scalper Hicks took both my pair and my brother in laws pair and got good dough for them 30 minutes before the show.  I wasn't even going to bother going out and trying to sell them and Hicks took up the challenge and sold four basically worthless (market value I mean) tickets in like 15 minutes.  It was miracle.  And all the while doing that ended up buying another single and flipping that at profit too.  Guy is a stud.

:clap:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

Quote from: jasonsobel on December 16, 2018, 07:57:48 PM

Glide II for sure, big bust out.  But you've never heard Snowflakes in the Sand?  You really need to revisit May '99, both acoustic and electric sets.  Awesome stuff there.

Strong agree here.
I'll also add that, imo, Snowflakes In The Sand is a much better song.

mehead

This
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

emay

Attended Boulder1 show and it was amazing. Def teared up a couple times like Scotty said. I was about 20 rows back in the orchestra section. Ticket was 98 bucks with fees. Totally worth it for 1 night but couldn't drop that two nights in a row.
The bust outs were fun, I didnt recognize snowflakes in the sand was that big of a bustout until I checked the set after. Glide II was really cool.
Thought he would tell more stories but seemed to want to play more this night. Loved the Brain & Robert, If I Could, Lizards segment.

audio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5FszbOrbBk&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1jXPCt-Z5XTB_RL9HmyeMSNXSDtN-NTWlcjOk8gv7kV-Iah3n1_dqi3Hw

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mehead on December 17, 2018, 09:19:21 AM

This

Can't say that I've ever really dug into that Trey tour. I'll do my homework....
Bring in the dude!

emay

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 17, 2018, 12:12:01 PM

This

Can't say that I've ever really dug into that Trey tour. I'll do my homework....

good start

https://glidemagazine.com/95512/full-show-friday-trey-anastasio-99-acoustic-and-tab-trio/

Caravan2001

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 17, 2018, 12:12:01 PM

This

I think the best shows are the 9:30 Club and the final one in Albany.  It's also cool to check out the first one from 2/15 at Higher Ground to see how much  better they got in that short amount of time.

mattstick

The partial SBD from the 9:30 Club show is essential listening.

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on December 17, 2018, 12:43:26 AM

Heh, yeah I was hustling hard. Buying the row G off of a kid for $10 and then selling it for $40 two minutes later as I was walking into the venue was pretty gangsta.   8-)
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.