News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NFL 2012-2013

Started by antelope19, February 21, 2012, 10:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casey Lenahan

I like what the Bills are trying to do here  :evil:
I owe Aug $20

DoW

ao, I am by no means defending this trade because I hate tim tebow but boston sports radio thinks the jets gave up too much for tebow.
so, they trade their 4th round pick and their 6th round pick for the broncos 7th round pick and tebow.
they then trade stanton (who was to be their backup) and the 7th round pick they got form denver for the colts 6th round pick.
in the end, they trade stanton and their 4th round pick for tebow and the colts 6th round pick (which is the first pick of the 6th round by the way).
so, you basically use your 4th round pick on a backup quarterback who can run the wildcat offense.

so, let's analyze the patriots 4th round picks over the last several years.
last year, they didn't have one so let's use their last 3rd round pick.  ryan mallet.  hyped up QB who probably never gets a snap as a QB for the Pats.  tebow at least has won a playoff game
2010- aaron hernandez.  good player in their offense.  rather have him than tebow.
2009 - Rich Ohrnberger    yeah, I had to look up who he was too
2008 - jonathan wilhite. basically a 3rd or 4th CB that isn;t very good
2007  Kareem Brown - played one NFL game with no statistics (for the jets) and has been out of the league for years
2006 they got gostkowski.  but you really shouldn;t be using a 4th rd pick on a kicker.  he is good though.  I'll still take tebow over him and get a kicker later or in free agency.

my point is that the boston media is dumb.  there are so many ways to criticize the Jets but saying they gave up too much is just plain idiotic.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

antelope19

Says the guy who swore off the jets next year.........

:roll:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

runawayjimbo

Quote from: bvaz on March 23, 2012, 06:41:51 PM
2006 they got gostkowski.  but you really shouldn;t be using a 4th rd pick on a kicker.  he is good though.  I'll still take tebow over him and get a kicker later or in free agency.

What, you want them to load up on RBs and WRs? This isn't fantasy football. Taking a kicker as good as Gostkowski in the 4th rd is a pick well spent.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

mehead

ao, I am by no means defending this trade because I hate tim tebow but boston sports radio thinks the jets gave up too much for tebow.
so, they trade their 4th round pick and their 6th round pick for the broncos 7th round pick and tebow.
they then trade stanton (who was to be their backup) and the 7th round pick they got form denver for the colts 6th round pick.
in the end, they trade stanton and their 4th round pick for tebow and the colts 6th round pick (which is the first pick of the 6th round by the way).
so, you basically use your 4th round pick on a backup quarterback who can run the wildcat offense.

last year, they didn't have one so let's use their last 3rd round pick.  ryan mallet.  hyped up QB who probably never gets a snap as a QB for the Pats.  tebow at least has won a playoff game
2010- aaron hernandez.  good player in their offense.  rather have him than tebow.
2007  Kareem Brown - played one NFL game with no statistics (for the jets) and has been out of the league for years

my point is that the boston media is dumb.  there are so many ways to criticize the Jets but saying they gave up too much is just plain idiotic.

that was confusing as fuck to read dude...
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

rowjimmy

Quote from: mehead on March 23, 2012, 09:22:49 PM

that was conusing as fuck to read dude...

I had to go through it twice.
I thought it was just me, though.

DoW

Quote from: runawayjimbo on March 23, 2012, 07:48:41 PM

What, you want them to load up on RBs and WRs? This isn't fantasy football. Taking a kicker as good as Gostkowski in the 4th rd is a pick well spent.
you can get a K much later than the 4th round or just as a FA.

it's pretty simple.  the trade ends up being tebow for a 4th round pick.  far from giving up too much considering when you look at the quality of a player you get in the 4th round.

mehead

Quote from: bvaz on March 23, 2012, 09:46:48 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on March 23, 2012, 07:48:41 PM

you can get a K much later than the 4th round or just as a FA.

it's pretty simple.  the trade ends up being tebow for a 4th round pick.  far from giving up too much considering when you look at the quality of a player you get in the 4th round.

agree
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

phil

all the hate's got his brain addled. but then again I'd be going a bit loopy too if my team acquired time tebow.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

DoW

don't get me wrong.  I hate tebow.  I hate the move.
all I'm saying is talk about the disarray of signing sanchez and then trading for tebow. 
I don't think the compensation for tebow was too much.  I still hate the move.  I just don't like the reasoning for the criticism.

it's not like giving up an extra 3 draft picks (and good picks at that) for a QB that has a horrible team around him.  just sayin'

phil

Quote from: bvaz on March 24, 2012, 12:36:02 AM
all I'm saying is talk about the disarray of signing sanchez and then trading for tebow. 
I don't think the compensation for tebow was too much.  I still hate the move.  I just don't like the reasoning for the criticism.

I'm with you 100%. From a business standpoint, it was a solid trade. But from an I fucking hate Tim Tebow standpoint (which is the only acceptable standpoint imo), it would piss me off to no end if I had to root for Tebow.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

DoW

Quote from: phil on March 24, 2012, 12:38:03 AM
Quote from: bvaz on March 24, 2012, 12:36:02 AM

I'm with you 100%. From a business standpoint, it was a solid trade. But from an I fucking hate Tim Tebow standpoint (which is the only acceptable standpoint imo), it would piss me off to no end if I had to root for Tebow.
I WILL NOT root for tebow.  yeah, i posted that so call me out on it if I change.
I hate the guy.  he is so overhyped in a league where great QBs are putting up great numbers.
as much as it sucks being a Jets fan, it just even more for me right now because I hate the guy and everything about him.  he comes in, I change the channel.

phil

DoW

this made me laugh.  I hadn't kept up on ny paper covers this week

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.