News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

SANTANA - JULY 28, 1992 - JULY 28, 1992 - w/ PH

Started by twatts, June 19, 2013, 10:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twatts

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

Caravan2001

Holy Shit!!! This is my holy grail!  I have been looking for this show since the day I attended.  I would give you 100000000000 K+ if I could....It looks like there was another source too, but I have never seen that one either!  Watching Phish and Santana play Exodus is one of the highlights of my concert-going career and I have been searching for this show for over 20 years!  I had a lump in my throat the second I saw peers appearing on my download as I figured this was a joke.  THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Also, I am almost afraid to listen to it.  I hope it doesn't suck, lol....

mistercharlie

Thanks for the heads-up! I hope my dime account is still active, I haven't been there in over a year.

edit: My account is still active!  :clap:

and also, I found out that I have a different copy of this show in my collection that the old pauger, and current gem finder, Shadowmaster seeded a few years ago.

QuoteSantana
July 28th, 1992
Finger Lakes Performing Arts Center
Rochester, NY

-Source is a Maxell XLII Analog Cassette of unknown lineage
-Source microphones unknown
-A>D via Nakamichi Dragon>Korg MR1000>Korg Audio Gate>WAV
-Tracking performed in Adobe Audition 3.0
-FLAC conversion via Trader's Little Helper
-Thanks to David Slusarczyk for the source tape.

All transfers by ifthir@hotmail.com (9.5.2010)

1. Peace on Earth [8:16]
2. Free all the People [6:13]
3. Life is for Living [4:31]
4. Drums > [0:47]
5. Savor > [4:01]
6. Drums [6:16]
7. Make Somebody Happy [6:02]
8. Black Magic Woman [9:33]
9. //Oye Como Va [3:27]
10. Exodus * [9:13]
11. Jam * [6:46]
12. Healer Jam * [12:46]
13. Angels All Around [6:58]

* with Page McConell, Jon Fishman, Trey Anastasio from Phish

Known Flaws:

Oye Como Va is cut at the beginning with what appears to be a tape flip.
Unknown cut was after the "Healer jam".

Notes:

The tracking may be off, please send me an email with corrections.
Owner of a Lonely Heart (YES) tease in Oye Como Va
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

sorry for the double post, but it looks like exactly a year ago there was a flood of uncirculated Santana that hit dime and it includes quite a few of the summer 92 shows with Phish. I have seven shows that I didn't have before downloading right now!!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.