News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Sneaker Thread

Started by susep, November 03, 2006, 04:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

I think they may have discontinued the Pegasus 25's ?

I picked up the Pegaus 26s for shorter runs,

as well the Vomero 4's for distance runs.

The Peg26's aren't as stylish as the 25s, which I loved...

G. Augusto

Yeah, they are stylish.
My Yellow/Blue ones are getting pretty trashed, so I picked up those grey ones.
The red scheme id tight, too.

http://store.nike.com/index.jsp?sitesrc=uspl&country=US&lang_locale=en_US#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-100701/pid-194519/pgid-194516

If you really like them, I would snatch up a pair before they run out (they are discontinued.)

I've never really liked the super lightweight runners.
I need some nice support, and I finally found the perfect running shoe for me with the 25's.

mattstick

I get staff discount at the Running Room so I have a tough time paying "retail" for shoes these days.

I have the black/neon SE edition of the 25s right now.  Hot shoe for sure, once I retire them from running I will wear them on the daily.

rickjamesstjames

The title of this thread is redeeming. I went into the NikeTown headquarters and asked the salesman for some advice on different "sneakers".

The 60 year old dude then told me he hadnt heard that term in ten years. I actually had to ask him what he would call them. Runners he said.

I never expected to be schooled in newspeak by someone's grandfather.

Anyone else encounter this?
Quote from: phan003 on June 24, 2007, 10:57:21 PM
sweet lecture.  I suppose he should dose the fucker too?  :roll:

unclepaulie

Cortezes, shell-toes and chucks, all day for me.

Anything else would be uncivilized...

If you can't find dancin' girls, the next best thing is a good bottle of whiskey and a fine cigar.

gah

I dunno dude. I sport low top chucks on a regular basis so don't consider them sneakers. I actually got in quite a heated debate over this with an ex-gf, as I wore them out one night with jeans, button downshirt, and jacket to a play, and she flipped calling them sneakers and said sneakers are inappropriate for that setting. Well, I won the argument, lost the girl, but in the end, guess what? I still got my blue chucks.  :-D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

unclepaulie

I can think of a couple girls I wish I had traded for a pair of Chucks. I can think of one in particular I would have traded for your used blue Chucks.
If you can't find dancin' girls, the next best thing is a good bottle of whiskey and a fine cigar.

gah

Quote from: unclepaulie on July 13, 2009, 04:34:07 PM
I can think of a couple girls I wish I had traded for a pair of Chucks. I can think of one in particular I would have traded for your used blue Chucks.

I dunno. It'd be hard to give up on my blue chucks. They were special, because my last pair I lost in the mud at Coventry. Well, just one of them really. But then I took a few years getting over the loss of them and the loss of Phish. It wasn't until last summer/early fall, when I got my new pair around when the Phish rumors started swirling, I felt it had been long enough to mourn the old pair. So yeah, I like em!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Hicks

I can't think of any occasion where Chucks wouldn't be appropriate. 

Maybe a funeral, it would depend though. . .
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

whyweigh5.0

Quote from: goodabouthood on July 13, 2009, 05:53:22 PM
Quote from: unclepaulie on July 13, 2009, 04:34:07 PM

I dunno. It'd be hard to give up on my blue chucks. They were special, because my last pair I lost in the mud at Coventry. Well, just one of them really. But then I took a few years getting over the loss of them and the loss of Phish. It wasn't until last summer/early fall, when I got my new pair around when the Phish rumors started swirling, I felt it had been long enough to mourn the old pair. So yeah, I like em!

haha
did you happen to lose it in the really muddy part with all the mixed in wood chips right outside the entrance to the concert field.  I found one in the mud there
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

unclepaulie

Quote from: Hicks on July 14, 2009, 11:42:45 AM

Playing basketball.

guyforget

Chucks are not appropriate where I live.  

If you wear them and youre not in the clique youll get pelted w/ PBR cans when you walk across bridges.  To make them go away you have to get above 85% on a multiple section pop quiz about Punk Rock in 1977, New Wave in 1984, and Indie Rock in 1996.  Liking Phish, the Grateful Dead, or electronic music are all automatic disqualifications.  

This one time I put on a pair of Chucks and suddenly my septum was pierced.  I took them off and it was gone.  Weird.  
-AD_

mattstick

I wouldn't be caught dead in Chuck Taylors.

rowjimmy

Quote from: goodabouthood on July 13, 2009, 04:23:18 PM
I dunno dude. I sport low top chucks on a regular basis so don't consider them sneakers. I actually got in quite a heated debate over this with an ex-gf, as I wore them out one night with jeans, button downshirt, and jacket to a play, and she flipped calling them sneakers and said sneakers are inappropriate for that setting. Well, I won the argument, lost the girl, but in the end, guess what? I still got my blue chucks.  :-D

You do realize that they are sneakers, right?
And they have been for nearly 100 years.

antelope19

Quote from: Hicks on July 14, 2009, 11:42:45 AM

If I ever get married, I'm pretty sure it'll be mandatory for all groomsmen to be in chucks.   :-D
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment