News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Sneaker Thread

Started by susep, November 03, 2006, 04:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on July 14, 2009, 11:46:26 AM
Quote from: goodabouthood on July 13, 2009, 05:53:22 PM
Quote from: unclepaulie on July 13, 2009, 04:34:07 PM
I can think of a couple girls I wish I had traded for a pair of Chucks. I can think of one in particular I would have traded for your used blue Chucks.

I dunno. It'd be hard to give up on my blue chucks. They were special, because my last pair I lost in the mud at Coventry. Well, just one of them really. But then I took a few years getting over the loss of them and the loss of Phish. It wasn't until last summer/early fall, when I got my new pair around when the Phish rumors started swirling, I felt it had been long enough to mourn the old pair. So yeah, I like em!

haha
did you happen to lose it in the really muddy part with all the mixed in wood chips right outside the entrance to the concert field.  I found one in the mud there

Holy Crap! Actually, that is EXACTLY where I lost it. I was walking through that area, and took a step, and when I took my next step, my shoe was gone, and I turned around, and it was gone, sucked into the mud, which made the walk back to where we were staying horrible, because of the gravel.

Quote from: guyforget on July 14, 2009, 11:52:23 AM
Chucks are not appropriate where I live. 

If you wear them and youre not in the clique youll get pelted w/ PBR cans when you walk across bridges.  To make them go away you have to get above 85% on a multiple section pop quiz about Punk Rock in 1977, New Wave in 1984, and Indie Rock in 1996.  Liking Phish, the Grateful Dead, or electronic music are all automatic disqualifications. 

This one time I put on a pair of Chucks and suddenly my septum was pierced.  I took them off and it was gone.  Weird. 

Yeah, but have you ever worn them with the three-wolf-howling-at-the-moon tee on? I lost 20 lbs, was transported to the beach, and gave a girl an orgasm just looking in her direction and giving a sub sonic pelvic thrust with that combo on. It was something else. I NEVER wear them together anymore, I just don't know how to handle the power.

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 14, 2009, 11:54:52 AM
You do realize that they are sneakers, right?
And they have been for nearly 100 years.

Yes, but that wasn't the point.  :roll:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

unclepaulie

Quote from: antelope19 on July 14, 2009, 12:18:28 PM
Quote from: Hicks on July 14, 2009, 11:42:45 AM
I can't think of any occasion where Chucks wouldn't be appropriate.  

Maybe a funeral, it would depend though. . .

If I ever get married, I'm pretty sure it'll mandatory for all groomsmen to be in chucks.   :-D

I wore a pair of black and white ones to my brother's wedding. It was a low-key deal at the Flamingo in Vegas, but still.

I'd like to think it's the reason this one hasn't broken up.
If you can't find dancin' girls, the next best thing is a good bottle of whiskey and a fine cigar.

whyweigh5.0

Quote from: goodabouthood on July 14, 2009, 12:22:54 PM
I can think of a couple girls I wish I had traded for a pair of Chucks. I can think of one in particular I would have traded for your used blue Chucks.

I dunno. It'd be hard to give up on my blue chucks. They were special, because my last pair I lost in the mud at Coventry. Well, just one of them really. But then I took a few years getting over the loss of them and the loss of Phish. It wasn't until last summer/early fall, when I got my new pair around when the Phish rumors started swirling, I felt it had been long enough to mourn the old pair. So yeah, I like em!

haha
did you happen to lose it in the really muddy part with all the mixed in wood chips right outside the entrance to the concert field.  I found one in the mud there

Holy Crap! Actually, that is EXACTLY where I lost it. I was walking through that area, and took a step, and when I took my next step, my shoe was gone, and I turned around, and it was gone, sucked into the mud, which made the walk back to where we were staying horrible, because of the gravel.

I was barefoot and I stepped right into your shoe I think.  My foot almost went right in.  I didn't keep it though... sorry
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

guyforget

Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on July 14, 2009, 12:24:49 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on July 14, 2009, 12:22:54 PM

haha

I was barefoot and I stepped right into your shoe I think.  My foot almost went right in.  I didn't keep it though... sorry

This hilarious possible coincidence might be the best thing to come out of Coventry that weekend.  Good work!

-AD_

whyweigh5.0

Well it was a chuck. Not sure if it was blue... it was covered in mud and it was dark.  But it looked blue
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

gah

Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on July 14, 2009, 12:48:48 PM
Well it was a chuck. Not sure if it was blue... it was covered in mud and it was dark.  But it looked blue

Oh yeah, it was all muddied up, I don't even think you would be able to tell. I will look for a pic tonight when I get home to see if it was the right or left. I can't remember. Either way, this is a great coincidence. Nowhere near like willsteele and mbw knowing each other as kids coincidence, but still pretty cool.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

unclepaulie

Quote from: goodabouthood on July 14, 2009, 12:58:40 PM
Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on July 14, 2009, 12:48:48 PM

Oh yeah, it was all muddied up, I don't even think you would be able to tell. I will look for a pic tonight when I get home to see if it was the right or left. I can't remember. Either way, this is a great coincidence. Nowhere near like willsteele and mbw knowing each other as kids coincidence, but still pretty cool.
This is the kind of thing that makes me believe that there is a god...
If you can't find dancin' girls, the next best thing is a good bottle of whiskey and a fine cigar.

whyweigh5.0

So I just bought these

Lifeboy

I am currently sporting these

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Undermind

I'm a new balance fan.  Here's my current pair.

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

whyweigh5.0

Quote from: Hicks on July 26, 2009, 05:02:58 PM
Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on July 26, 2009, 01:50:14 AM
So I just bought these

Nice pluses ww!

I got them on that zappos site.  I went with the regular shipping because it was free. They said they would typically ship in around 4 days. I got an email this morning saying that they went ahead and expedited my order for free so now they ship out tomorrow :rawk:

whyweigh5.0

sweet. I just posted this images with my iphone. Being able to copy and paste rocks

blatboom

rocked these 574s today.  I bought em almost 2 years ago and they still look near-mint.  made in Japan!

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: antelope19 on July 14, 2009, 12:18:28 PM
Quote from: Hicks on July 14, 2009, 11:42:45 AM
I can't think of any occasion where Chucks wouldn't be appropriate.  

Maybe a funeral, it would depend though. . .

If I ever get married, I'm pretty sure it'll be mandatory for all groomsmen to be in chucks.   :-D

i was at a wedding two years ago with this type of deal....
no jackets, ties, and chucks.... 'twas a pretty sharp looking wedding party!

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫