News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Sneaker Thread

Started by susep, November 03, 2006, 04:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blatboom

Quote from: thatfargone on January 26, 2010, 08:46:19 AM
Quote from: blatboom on December 25, 2009, 03:40:06 PM
Stepmom hooked me up with these at my request.  574s are literally all I wear any more.. I might try a pair of 420s next.

Man, I did just the same and never wear the 420s, they wear similar to Nike Cortez's, by being "slimming."  Compared to 574s they look small and "dainty" in a way...also even low cut socks will show a lot on 420s, they best work w/out so not much of an every day shoe.  I'd go with a 445, 595, 996 over a 420.

yeah "slimming" and "dainty" are not traits I look for in my kicks.  thanks for the info

thatfargone

Quote from: blatboom on January 26, 2010, 09:04:05 AM
Quote from: thatfargone on January 26, 2010, 08:46:19 AM
Quote from: blatboom on December 25, 2009, 03:40:06 PM
Stepmom hooked me up with these at my request.  574s are literally all I wear any more.. I might try a pair of 420s next.

Man, I did just the same and never wear the 420s, they wear similar to Nike Cortez's, by being "slimming."  Compared to 574s they look small and "dainty" in a way...also even low cut socks will show a lot on 420s, they best work w/out so not much of an every day shoe.  I'd go with a 445, 595, 996 over a 420.

yeah "slimming" and "dainty" are not traits I look for in my kicks.  thanks for the info

They look slick in the stores but yeah, think 70's runner-style.
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

thatfargone

My most recent purchase:
Adidas Darth Vader Ltd. Superstar II

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

whyweigh5.0

I like the X Wings and the Skywalkers but I haven't seen them for sale anywhere.  The Yodas are nice too
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

Hicks

Quote from: thatfargone on January 26, 2010, 12:15:54 PM
My most recent purchase:

Those are indeed sweet.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

whyweigh5.0

Quote from: Hicks on January 26, 2010, 12:32:30 PM
Quote from: thatfargone on January 26, 2010, 12:15:54 PM
My most recent purchase:

Those are indeed sweet.

There is also a version with brownish stripes.  But I don't think the brown suits the shoe if they are going for a Vader look
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

thatfargone

Quote from: whyweigh4.0 on January 26, 2010, 12:17:45 PM
I like the X Wings and the Skywalkers but I haven't seen them for sale anywhere.  The Yodas are nice too

These aren't general release, only available through adidas.com and boutiques.  1st batch was vaders, stormtrooper (superstar 2) a generic SW superstar 2, a Vader ZX8000 and the Leia hightops.  Others still to come or boutique exclusives.  X Wings are sick!

WW, those are the "generic" Star Wars ones.  Looked like gold stripes, with Star Wars logos all over the upper.  Pissed I passed on the Troopers as they sold out quick.

Mr Minor

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 08, 2008, 08:27:10 AM
The deal now, for Vans, is to go online and, aside from a couple decent styles every year, you pretty much have to make a custom pair.
At $60 per, it's worth it. My next sneaker purchase will be 2 identical pairs of custom vans.

So I was checking this out today, looking for a new pair of kicks for the summer, and they bumped the price up to $70.  Still not bad for making your own shoes...

whyweigh5.0

There is an Adidas outlet about 20 min from here.  I might go there this week and check

thatfargone

Quote from: whyweigh4.0 on January 26, 2010, 01:58:33 PM
There is an Adidas outlet about 20 min from here.  I might go there this week and check

Not a bad plan.  I know from checking the Nike Factories that lots of limited Nike's make it to the outlets more often that you would expect.  Like the one in Atlantic City that was PACKED full of Nike SB's!!!

Hicks

I'd be pretty surprised to see those at an outlet store.

I have fairly good luck at the Nike outlets too, but it's not like you see ridiculously limited/in demand Dunks or throwback Jordans there.
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

whyweigh5.0

There is a Nike outlet in the same place at that Adidas one.  I have seen some nice stuff there for pretty cheap

thatfargone

Quote from: whyweigh4.0 on January 26, 2010, 02:46:25 PM
There is a Nike outlet in the same place at that Adidas one.  I have seen some nice stuff there for pretty cheap

Yeah, Nike Factory Outlets are the bane of my existence.  I am a Dunk collector/fan and they seem to always have a new colorway I want every single time I go.  Plus I am a huge Nike/SB head so...I usually have to talk myself out of buying 3-4 pairs each visit. 

Hicks...there are two types...Nike Factories and Factory Outlets.  I have never seen SBs @ the outlets but the one in AC is a full on store and had no less than 10 different pairs of SBs (Dunk Low, High, P-Rod 2s) etc.   I immediately turned and left sad...as I walked 10 blocks from the Taj in 20 degree weather and a determination to stop buying every pair I see.  Also, some of these stores do get in super rare Jordans etc.  Although I never saw them, the outlet near me needed to be closed down for a few hours after a huge drop.  Kids went nuts tearing the place.  Stock at the outlets rotate EVERY week.  Some are there and gone in minutes.

Hicks

Heh here it's all about trying to get a pass to the employee store, that's where the really crazy shit goes down. 

They actually limit the amount of time you can spend there.