News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NFL 2012-2013

Started by antelope19, February 21, 2012, 10:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blatboom

at least Luck is a class act, which is one thing you'd never say about JG

kellerb

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 11, 2012, 05:17:30 AM
So now the Colts have released Dallas Clark, Gary Brackett and Joseph Addai also. They are getting rid of 'Peyton's team' and starting over fresh for the new guy it looks like. AndrewLuck better not turn into this cities next Jeff George.

We all thought those guys were great.  But, look at last season - they all sucked without Peyton. 

Right now the guys who own Colts jersey sweatshops are drooling

mistercharlie

Quote from: kellerb on March 11, 2012, 04:45:47 PM
So now the Colts have released Dallas Clark, Gary Brackett and Joseph Addai also. They are getting rid of 'Peyton's team' and starting over fresh for the new guy it looks like. AndrewLuck better not turn into this cities next Jeff George.

We all thought those guys were great.  But, look at last season - they all sucked without Peyton. 

Clark still managed to put up some good numbers, well as good as you can get with Painter throwing the ball to you. Dallas Clark is going to be the one I miss the most, after Peyton that is. I hear that Dwight Freeney and Jeff Saturday may be the next to go.

On the plus side they also released Curtis Painter.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

kellerb

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 11, 2012, 05:48:02 PM
Quote from: kellerb on March 11, 2012, 04:45:47 PM

Clark still managed to put up some good numbers, well as good as you can get with Painter throwing the ball to you. Dallas Clark is going to be the one I miss the most, after Peyton that is. I hear that Dwight Freeney and Jeff Saturday may be the next to go.

On the plus side they also released Curtis Painter.

Saturday will hurt, just b/c he seems like such a good dude. We care about that a lot here

Lifeboy

lol, the Jets "passed" on Manning. Yeah, right.

lol @ anyone thinking it was even a remote possibility that he might end up in NY.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Casey Lenahan

Mario Williams is a Buffalo Bill  :banana: :rockout: :banana: :rockout: :banana: :rockout:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8279ef2f/article/bills-fullcourt-press-of-mario-williams-leads-to-agreed-deal

QuoteAnd to the Buffalo Bills goes Mario Williams.
Reuter: Chain reaction
How will this year's free agency impact April's draft? Chad Reuter examines the fallout of some notable developments. More ...

The star linebacker, considered the biggest prize of free agency on the defensive side of the ball, will sign a contract with the Bills, a league source said Thursday.

Williams' deal could come in around six years and be worth $96 million with $50 million guaranteed, according to league sources.

The Bills plan to announce the deal during a news conference scheduled for Thursday afternoon.

The team's spirited courting of Williams stretched into its third day on Thursday, complete with dinners, meetings and the arrival of the former Houston Texans' fiancée for a tour of the region.

Williams is a two-time Pro Bowl selection who owns a Texans franchise-best 53 career sacks, including a team single-season best 14 in 2007. Williams was limited to playing just five games last season as a result of a torn chest muscle. He also missed three games in 2010 after having surgery to repair a sports hernia.
I owe Aug $20

DoW

Quote from: Lifeboy on March 14, 2012, 06:46:18 AM
lol, the Jets "passed" on Manning. Yeah, right.

lol @ anyone thinking it was even a remote possibility that he might end up in NY.
you have to think they decided fairly early that they were not in the running.
granted the Sanchez extension would only make sense if you spent 2.5 seconds thinking about it, but you don't have that contract ready to sign unless manning wasn't in their plans.  the negotiation just takes longer than that.
so, in reality, I do think they "passed" on manning considering that he hasn't signed yet.  just my .02
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

khalpin

antelope19

I look forward to watching him destroy the AFC East!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Casey Lenahan

yup. take bradys head off!
I owe Aug $20

rowjimmy

Split the thread for the (impending) new season...

antelope19

A source with knowledge of the situation tells Profootballtalk.com the Cowboys and Redskins are preparing to go "nuclear" on the NFL in response to last week's salary-cap penalties.

ANALYSIS:  The two teams are contemplating "suing anyone and everyone connected" to the surprise removal of a combined $46 million in cap space last week. Although teams were reportedly warned "at least six times" they would face "serious consequences" for dumping salary into the uncapped year in 2010, the Cowboys and Redskins aren't believed to have violated any written rules. This saga is likely just beginning.

antelope19

DoW

Quote from: antelope19 on March 21, 2012, 12:52:40 PM
Tebow is a jet!
if this is true, I will no be rooting for the Jets this year.
I can't find any of your stories anywhere.
I won't be watching football this year.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

antelope19

Resident paug nfl beat writer!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard