News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Grado Cans

Started by aphineday, September 21, 2011, 10:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: PG on October 13, 2014, 11:29:13 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on October 13, 2014, 11:11:04 PM

Any opinions on Bose headphones? In particular, these ones?

http://www.cnet.com/products/bose-oe/

Don't get Bose. They are horrendously overpriced.

I agree for the most part but Costco is offering some OEs for $115 and wondered if that would be a good starter phone. I just can't bring myself to pay the $250+ for Grados.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on October 14, 2014, 09:15:55 AM
Quote from: PG on October 13, 2014, 11:29:13 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on October 13, 2014, 11:11:04 PM

Any opinions on Bose headphones? In particular, these ones?

http://www.cnet.com/products/bose-oe/

Don't get Bose. They are horrendously overpriced.

I agree for the most part but Costco is offering some OEs for $115 and wondered if that would be a good starter phone. I just can't bring myself to pay the $250+ for Grados.

Save your money for another month.

The Grados are handmade high quality cans. and you will be glad to have waited a little longer to buy them.

WhatstheUse?

Grabbed a pair of sr225's a few months ago.  Loving the sound quality, but like PG mentioned, super uncomfortable, IMO. Can't really wear them more than 30 min w/o discomfort.

Maybe we both just have strangely shaped heads or something  :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

Buffalo Budd

I ended up finding a set of Marley Positive Vibration XL for half price over the holidays and am really enjoying them. The beauty is I am able to use them for work with the jack provided. So comfy and completely noise cancelling, which is great with both kids at home these days. I know they won't measure up to the Grados but it's a decent starting point for me.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

You were looking for headphones for seven years?!!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Hicks on January 19, 2022, 11:47:02 AMYou were looking for headphones for seven years?!!

Keep up Hicks, I ended up spending that money on records and system upgrades.  :P

PIE-GUY

I've got a set of Grado's I do not use - happy to sell for a good price. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

kellerb

Quote from: Hicks on January 19, 2022, 11:47:02 AMYou were looking for headphones for seven years?!!

They were on his head the whole time!

khalpin

Quote from: kellerb on January 19, 2022, 04:30:58 PM

They were on his head the whole time!

:hereyougoyousentimentalbastar

mattstick

Quote from: PIE-GUY on January 19, 2022, 04:30:11 PMI've got a set of Grado's I do not use - happy to sell for a good price.

I may be interested, PM details?

Hicks

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 19, 2022, 03:25:01 PM

Keep up Hicks, I ended up spending that money on records and system upgrades.  :P

You mean like not changing your stylus out for 3 three years?   :samurai:  :samurai: 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Hicks on January 19, 2022, 09:45:57 PM

You mean like not changing your stylus out for 3 three years?   :samurai:  :samurai: 

Touche bud. I can only do so much on a meager salary and 2 kids in downhill ski racing.
One thing at a time and FTR, the headphones were a gift from my BIL so I didn't even buy them, I just picked em out.
New stylus is scheduled to arrive today so I'm stoked to hear the diff.
Maybe you didn't hear but I also drove my snowblower over my phone and keys on the weekend. Bye bye $2,000.

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Hicks

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 20, 2022, 09:30:08 AM
Quote from: Hicks on January 19, 2022, 09:45:57 PM

Touche bud. I can only do so much on a meager salary and 2 kids in downhill ski racing.
One thing at a time and FTR, the headphones were a gift from my BIL so I didn't even buy them, I just picked em out.
New stylus is scheduled to arrive today so I'm stoked to hear the diff.
Maybe you didn't hear but I also drove my snowblower over my phone and keys on the weekend. Bye bye $2,000.
Always go suck to blow, never blow to suck. 

Buffalo Budd

Quote2 kids in downhill ski racing.

face palm

I thought of you the other day and your stories from taking the team overseas for training, lol.
I sure hope there aren't any Superfreakies on the coaching staff.
They all seem pretty square for the most part but my oldest is only 11 (4th season racing) so we'll see in 5 years.