News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Today I like..........

Started by sophist, May 15, 2007, 01:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

DoW

2 music fests over the next 4 weekends.
Summer is here.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

sls.stormyrider

so yesterday I spent most of the day in the yard / garden doing work. In the front pocket of my shorts were my iPhone and Klipsch ear buds.

About 6:30 I finish up, come inside, take my phone, keys, etc out of my pockets, throw my stuff in the washer, take a shower, and grab a beer before dinner. After a while, my wife comes up with the laundry basket and hands my my ear buds - "these were stuck in your clothes when I took them out of the washer."

my heart sunk.

I plugged them in  - they worked
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

zimbra

That I have 3 days of work this week then I'm flying off to Europe until July 6th.  Doing a quick 2.5 days in Venice then 8 days in Croatia!!  :banana:
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

emay

sounds like an awesome trip!
enjoy the vaca!

zimbra

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on June 22, 2015, 11:10:42 AM
sounds like an awesome trip!
enjoy the vaca!

Thanks! will do!
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

alcoholandcoffeebeans

being able to pop in and say hello, on a RARE morning off...

A lot has happened since I last stopped by, but I totally miss you guys.
Good things, bad things, and hard times to get through... but I keep myself super busy; and by that I mean there's not a lot of time to catch my breath.  :-)

College graduation was awesome, I'm now a Biologist with specificities in the Cellular and Molecular branch. (job or grad school would be appreciated) For now, I work with a badass brewery in OTR-cincinnati and still work weekends at a great hole-in-the-wall bar.
Interning with the county morgue for Cincinnati for 1.5 years was insanely incredible and humbling.
I lost my mom two.5 weeks after being diagnosed with cancer. shit sucks.
The next 5 weeks (and the last two weekends) I'm barely home and I'm beyond grateful for that.

Just wanted to reach out, say Hi, and thank all of you that reached out to me for my good and bad times, lately.
Today, and every day, I like this place <3

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Buffalo Budd

Great to hear you're well and congrats on graduating aacb.
Don't be a stranger.  :beers:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

emay

PIE-GUY

We miss you terribly around here, Mandy. I mean that!

Any chance you're gonna hit the MagnaBall with us??
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sls.stormyrider

congrats on graduating
hope you find something soon
:beers:

so sorry to hear about your mom.
cancer truly sucks
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

gah

sorry to hear about your loss aacb. i can't imagine. cancer does indeed suck.  :cry:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: PGLHAH on June 29, 2015, 05:47:04 PM

I never say no... except that I will not be in Chitown this weekend.  :cry:

I was playing with the idea of cuyahoga, but maybe i'll just think about magna instead... tickets difficult? I've not even had time to look.
more than likely i'd roll up solo, so someone would have to save some room for me :crazy:
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

PIE-GUY

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on June 30, 2015, 04:27:24 PM

I was playing with the idea of cuyahoga, but maybe i'll just think about magna instead... tickets difficult? I've not even had time to look.
more than likely i'd roll up solo, so someone would have to save some room for me :crazy:

We've got a huge crew going. There's gotta be some room somewhere.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: PGLHAH on June 30, 2015, 09:59:42 PM
Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on June 30, 2015, 04:27:24 PM

We've got a huge crew going. There's gotta be some room somewhere.

Pretty sure this guy has some space >  :sbw:

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.