News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Dead & Company Fall Tour/Halloween/NYE Run

Started by emay, August 24, 2015, 04:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehead

Quote from: shoreline99 on September 12, 2017, 04:14:46 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 12, 2017, 10:24:56 AM
I hate to say this, especially given how much I've spent on GD vinyl lately, but I kinda refuse to pay $150 + svc charges per ticket for my local Dead & Co. show. I guess I'm not going because fuck that shit.

What. The. Fuck.

MSG Amex Presale tix are ridiculously expensive. nosebleeds are $100 behind the stage only, 200 level behind the stage $150. 100 level behind the stage $200. 100 level side sections in front of the stage $350 - $500, rear floor sections $650. Didn't see any front floor.

Fuck that noise. Too many trustafarians and nouveau deadheads.

Are these prices for real? Holy fuck!!!!
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

rowjimmy

anthrax

I was poking around Columbus Tix.  Saw vip floors for $700 a pop, but also saw decent 200 levels for $55 each.

rowjimmy

There are some VIP and platinum ticket prices and shit that are bonkers.
This was a birthday present for myself so I am happy with my not-cheap non-VIP floor seat.

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

PIE-GUY

The problem is, it's $150 plus for seats anywhere in the main level of the arena here. The upper levels where the price comes down are just awful.. sound-wise anyway.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Caravan2001

Yeah, it's worth waiting until day of show.  For Portland I told my wife to go on the AMEX presale and she bought floors.  The pair was $375!  I said fuck that and sold them the same day on COT for like $360 because I didn't want to deal.  Like Hicks said, we ended up with good tix for $40.  The show wasn't even sold out and they had bleeds for like $75 from the box office.  Depending on the venue, you can prob just buy shitty seats and upgrade when you get in.  All that said, it was a really good show and I am glad I made the effort, if only for drums/space.

jam>

Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 14, 2017, 05:38:26 PM
Yeah, it's worth waiting until day of show.  For Portland I told my wife to go on the AMEX presale and she bought floors.  The pair was $375!  I said fuck that and sold them the same day on COT for like $360 because I didn't want to deal.  Like Hicks said, we ended up with good tix for $40.  The show wasn't even sold out and they had bleeds for like $75 from the box office.  Depending on the venue, you can prob just buy shitty seats and upgrade when you get in.  All that said, it was a really good show and I am glad I made the effort, if only for drums/space.

Did you get the tickets outside the venue? I'm starting to wonder if people bring extras to shows anymore in the age of Stubhub and COT.

Caravan2001

Quote from: jam> on September 15, 2017, 04:06:01 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 14, 2017, 05:38:26 PM

Did you get the tickets outside the venue? I'm starting to wonder if people bring extras to shows anymore in the age of Stubhub and COT.

Yes...I don't think online ticket sales has really hampered scalpers/fans with extras

mehead

Decided to drop my $$ on tickets for this weekend's PGA Tour Championship down here.

Just looked at 11/29 at Philips.  Hooooooleeeeee shiiiiiiiiit.  Pit at $700? Non-Pit floor seats at $220+? Total nose bleeds at $75. 

Yeah, um, hell no!
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Nedstruzz

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 12, 2017, 09:09:45 PM
It was not like that for the D.C. Show.

We ended up with 4th row floors through the AMEX Pre-Sale.  While it is a lot of loot I'm generally fine with paying $150 for 4th row. 

I'd rather pay $150 for 4th row than $75 for 400's. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: Nedstruzz on September 20, 2017, 11:06:10 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 12, 2017, 09:09:45 PM
It was not like that for the D.C. Show.

We ended up with 4th row floors through the AMEX Pre-Sale.  While it is a lot of loot I'm generally fine with paying $150 for 4th row. 

I'd rather pay $150 for 4th row than $75 for 400's.

That's reasonable. When I bought the pair for Portland from AMEX, the floor, or best side tix ended up being like $380 for the pair.  It was too much for me.  But they put on a great show.  You're stoked.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!