News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Couch Tour 2018

Started by anthrax, February 20, 2018, 05:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

Got all excited when I saw activity in here. Tanks fer nuttin.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

rowjimmy

mattstick

mattstick

gah

Life just got a little happier.

:clap: :crazy: :rawk: :music:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

anthrax

Quote from: gah on August 23, 2018, 06:08:57 PM
Life just got a little happier.

:clap: :crazy: :rawk: :music:

latest announcement ever!  now i'm listening to umphreys but there isn't any sound.  perhaps the best way to listen to umphreys  :evil: :evil:

anthrax

rowjimmy

gah

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2018, 12:32:49 AM
Late night JRAD!

And tonight's Late night is Lettuce celebrating JGB with Krasno? Yes please.  :crazy:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

rowjimmy

Free Railroad Earth stream right now if you're into such things.
http://nugs.tv/free/?showID=10

anthrax

did anyone pony up for the 4k phish streams?  did it make a difference in the sound?  i don't have a 4k TV.  hope it's an option for nashville 2 so i can check it out.

ytowndan

If anyone did custy up for the 4K, I sure hope they didn't have the same issues many of us did with the HD package.  Especially that first night. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Hicks

How could 4K video possibly affect the sound?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

anthrax

Quote from: ytowndan on October 23, 2018, 06:33:36 PM
If anyone did custy up for the 4K, I sure hope they didn't have the same issues many of us did with the HD package.  Especially that first night. 

Agreed.  Why are there stream issues?  It seems like I don't ever make it through an entire live phish stream without some sort of an issue, and it's not on my end.  If I am paying $20-$25 a stream, I expect it to be perfect.  Is it just too many people watching at the same time?  Are their servers not equipped for the demand?  Has anyone ever complained and gotten money back?  The Chromecast option totally blows.  If I'm not hardwired from a laptop, it's not going to be a good night.  But, I can Chromecast youtube all day long.  WTF?

Do you think the 4K option would be smoother because less people are watching that stream or worse because it's more data traveling back and forth?

Quote from: Hicks on October 23, 2018, 06:59:41 PM

I don't know.  That's why I asked.   HD sounds way better than SD.  Higher quality vid doesn't mean higher quality sound??

ph92

Quote from: Hicks on October 23, 2018, 06:59:41 PM
potentially lossless video has a lossless audio stream with it? Where as SD is going to have both lossy audio and video.

Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH