News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/04/2017 - MSG, New York, NY

Started by aphineday, August 04, 2017, 11:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoreline99

Quote from: mbw on August 05, 2017, 03:24:08 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 05, 2017, 02:44:25 AM
Quote from: cactusfan on August 05, 2017, 01:41:23 AM
You're all avoiding the question: How was the Caspian?

Great!
Even PG loved it and he has sworn allegiance to the glory that is Caspian for all time.

Nans.

Yeah, if the magnaball caspian didn't change his opinion I don't think this one will.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

justjezmund

Quote from: shoreline99 on August 05, 2017, 09:34:32 AM
Quote from: mbw on August 05, 2017, 03:24:08 AM

Great!
Even PG loved it and he has sworn allegiance to the glory that is Caspian for all time.

Nans.

Yeah, if the magnaball caspian didn't change his opinion I don't think this one will.

guarantee he turned to someone and asked for some gum.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Marmar

maybe folks who can't see will pay attention to the LST when I post in these next 2 nights....

;)
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

whatapiper

Not sure if I believe PG is on the fuckerpants train, but if so I love it!

Great show, a little something for everyone, place was exploding at many many points.  The Radiohead theme in the 2nd was perfect. My wife however is a huge RH fan and probably needs to seek counseling with Aug after hearing fish take on those vocals.

I'll take the whole second set as a highlight!
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

mopper_smurf

Quote from: whatapiper on August 05, 2017, 11:04:20 AM

Great show, a little something for everyone, place was exploding at many many points.  The Radiohead theme in the 2nd was perfect. My wife however is a huge RH fan and probably needs to seek counseling with Aug after hearing fish take on those vocals.

My so is a RH fan too. "Why the fuck didn't they pick Leo to sing this one?"

(Side note: she has trouble enough with  :phish: vocals in general, except for Page that is. She actually prefers his version of Loving Cup over the Stones original. Sacrilege!)
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mistercharlie

Quote from: mopper_smurf on August 05, 2017, 11:40:06 AM
Quote from: whatapiper on August 05, 2017, 11:04:20 AM

My so is a RH fan too. "Why the fuck didn't they pick Leo to sing this one?"

(Side note: she has trouble enough with  :phish: vocals in general, except for Page that is. She actually prefers his version of Loving Cup over the Stones original. Sacrilege!)

My wife only likes tolerates Page's voice. I actually got her to listen to the studio version of Strange Design all the way through once.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

cactusfan

Great!

This is actually a pretty great Caspian. Therefore, I accept your claim of PG's conversion as truth, and look forward to his essay recanting all past uses of "fuckerpants" to denote it.

Except for the part where Fishman is singing, Everything In Its Right Place is cool, and I like how they bring it back throughout the set.

Another hot second set. This band. Damn.

rowjimmy

Shout/out to the paug lurkers who caught me pauging pre-show. They were sitting behind me and saw it on my phone.
Good times

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 05, 2017, 04:23:39 PM
Shout/out to the paug lurkers who caught me pauging pre-show. They were sitting behind me and saw it on my phone.
Hood times

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Gumbo72203

I'm not sure why you'd hate on the Fish vocals.... it's totally perfect for him to sing this for Phish.  It's funny and silly and the chaospad makes it so awesome.  I love it.  Hope they play it again.  Would be cool to hear Leo do it though, if you're looking for "correct" vocals.  If you're looking for absurdy, holyshitPhishisplayingRadiohead, then Fish makes sense to me.

"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

susep

Caspian is great.  The ambient jams this tour have been a nice augmentation, in frequency and artistry.     

Gumbo72203

Quote from: susep on August 05, 2017, 06:42:00 PM
Caspian is great.  The ambient jams this tour have been a nice augmentation, in frequency and artistry.     
[/quote

I concur.  Although I kind of feel like Trey fell back into the forcing of jams/next songs last night, which is something I was afraid would happen.  The end is in sight... gotta keep the show moving, rather than thinking "Hey, we've got 9 more shows to play here.  We can take our time!"

Fishman was ready for that Caspian to go further, as evidenced by him going to the marimba.  But then Trey brought in Fluffhead.  Even the Caspian start was a little rushed.  Mike played this SUPER fucking cool lick, and Trey ignored it and started Caspian.  Wasn't listening!
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 05, 2017, 04:37:29 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 05, 2017, 04:23:39 PM
Hood times

:wtu:

mbw

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on August 05, 2017, 05:49:10 PM
I'm not sure why you'd hate on the Fish vocals.....

Well basically because they are terrible.