News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Yet another IPOD question.....

Started by antelope19, October 17, 2006, 05:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

So the other day, I am driving home from my weekend in Philly.  Its late at night, and I am trying to change the song on the pod.  Somehow, instead, I change the display and now I can't figure out how to get it back.  So now, instead of seeing the time elapsed/remaining, and the volume bar when spinning the wheel, I see 5 dots underneath of the song/album info.  I spent about an hour trying to play with it last night to no avail.  Any help would be much appreciated, or I can just take it to the local apple store and see WTF it is that I did.  Thanks!!!!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mattstick

tet

ya, hit the middle button.  if that doesn't clear it up, just reset the device by holding in Menu and the Middle Button together for about 10 seconds. 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

antelope19

when, in the song info screen, when the song is playing?  Is it really that easy?   :frustrated:  I was looking mostly in the "settings" area, but thought that it wouldn;t be possible to have done it that way.  I was simply scrolling through songs and selecting.  Thanks, guys!!!!!!!

antelope19

Thanks, guys, I'll give it a shot and report back.

mattstick

BTW - those stars allow you to rank songs by giving them ratings.

antelope19

:clap:  Thanks guys, worked like a charm.  I do feel like a bit of an idiot though.   :roll:

jephrey

I was going to make a crack like...

Being an Apple product, whatever you think is the most reasonable way to do something is usually the way to do it.

I use the center button because my artwork is the setlist.  It's small, but it's nice to see the entire setlist while you're playing one song.

Click center button once - use wheel to FF/RW

Click second time - cover art

Click third time - rating

click fourth time - back to main view/volume control.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.