News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

__MACOSX Files

Started by time phactory, May 04, 2008, 04:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

time phactory

Can they be opened on a PC?  Is anyone familiar with this type of file?  I've searched for answers but can't find any solution.

It's a weird file.  It shows up in a zipped folder.  When it's zipped the folder is 204 MB.  When you open it up, you get a little __MACOSX file, and that's it.  Nothing else shows up.  The __MACOSX file is 0 KB.  There has to be some info taking up space but I can't find it.

jedifunk

no, its just basically a protocol that is necessary for macs to read files... if you were to changes your windows preferences to hide hidden files, you wouldnt see them...

basically they are reference files that mac os x uses.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

time phactory

ok, i'll just burn it to a dvd and wait until i have a mac.

thanks for the info.  that's pretty much what you find out when you google it.

jedifunk

yeah, but your post count doesnt increase when you use google ;)
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio