News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

1994 tour is it worth it?

Started by AfterMidnight, March 04, 2007, 11:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfterMidnight

Hey,
I've started working downloading the complete 94 tour. Is it worth it? So far I'm pretty pleased from what I've listened to. Just wanted to see what other had to say about the tour. Also how does everyone keep their CDs in order? Books, cases, on the car floor? Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Mark

tet

hey, welcome to the paug!

absolutely, '94 is an evolutionary year for the band.  they stepped up the intensity of their jams with songs like Tweezer bustin out big (heard of the Bomb Factory?), and their sound was finally maturing with some great setlist selections throughout this year.  it may not have some of the rawness of '93, but they rip up some fire shows this year. 

i store my music on hard drives now, but generally i have all of my CDs or DVDs in a spindle or in large 200+ disc binders (which i ALWAYS keep zipped up!!  otherwise, your collection will not last 3 years once dust/dirt starts getting in). i keep an additional 100 discs in my cd changer, which i rarely use, and mostly just play off hard drives...  overall i'm not that organized, but i do at least try to take care of it pretty well so if in the future i get on an organizational kick, it'll all be in good shape still!!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

AfterMidnight

What about writing on your disc with makers? Does that mess them up for the long run? I've been doing that since the start of CD trading and haven't really had a problem with it yet. Am I'm doomed sometime soon?

Caravan2001

I asked that same question on here a while back, and the general consensus is that ink has no effect on cd longevity.  I mean I scrawl across my cd's with a sharpie and have never had a issue.  I think it is more of an asthetic thing.

sls.stormyrider

probably true. but if you snail mail trade, don't write on the cd/dvd. there is a good chance the person on the other end will not be happy about it, to put it mildly.
welcome!
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

nab

Archive the original filesets, the data just as you got it with all the md5 files/ffp files , text etc., on dvd data discs if you can (space saving method) or cd data if not.  This way you can burn audio cds to listen to and they are replaceable because you also have the data backed up already.  It also makes it easy to share later with others while preserving the original fileset.  Your collection will also last longer because the "master copies" of your collection aren't accessed as often.