News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/19 - Augusta Civic Center - Augusta, ME - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by sophist, October 19, 2010, 11:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blatboom

Mr.Slinky

Liked the show, but although I was in the phish.com pics front row, I thought the first set killed the second.  Not to hate cuz I wouldn't be here if the boys weren't the rulers of listening but the second set seemed rushed at first like they played the fyf for a fun choice and that (being the first one I've seen) was at that.  It seemed trey was kinda off his game during this and threw in the teases when the rest of the guys didn't know it was coming at all and seemed to be caught off guard making it more of a "throw it out there for fun" rather than build it like jenga as they usually do.  I say this having seen it and thought Trey was having a blast as was I but think the fyf teases were sloppy and didn't think it brought any great energy to the table.  I feel it threw the flow off from the first set which was smoking and definitely in concentration by all 4 members.  Even the solo if you listen to it in fyf trey was missing the timing meter.  The first time they played fyf in the summer was the best cuz it seemed every note was right there and they seemed to have rehearsed it.  If you also think about it the mike's was fairly sloppy all in good fun though, (i think) because of the fyf teases.  I feel they couldn't grab the tightness and just mudded their way through the mike's till light happened which they love and is great but followed by 20 years later definitely didn't have the energy through the roof.  Love fast enough for you and after all this I feel set the pace for the rest of the show which started to come together again at that point but every jam including Weekapaug was very quiet and low energy but definitely not sloppy at all after light.  They played at this level greatly and it was cool to see them recognize this and keep the energy as it was the rest of the show as if you remember the ripping reba encore's jam was so soft and gentle and never peaked.  It went into that heavy riff part in the middle of the jam and fish started a little manteca over heavy ambience.  They then kicked back into the reba melody without ever taking it over the top when they ended it I think for this reason it was an epic show for them to ride the casually low energy vibe and keep it real while not having to try and force the volume or speed up.  It was a very different kind of second set that made it good for me and the fact that they didn't do anything but go with what was there.  Ya you could say Trey could have played fyf better and it may have changed the show but the outcome obviously would've never happened.  I was psyched to be there and in the front for most until I gave the spot to a hottie who asked me for it.
Two sticks causing fire, ready to be heavy when you're feather light and steady.  Bling bling when I sparkle cutting corners dropping angles, losing rhythm coils in a tangle no need to be a pretzel smooth as a lizard Ill be slinkin' with a slither.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Mr.Slinky on November 11, 2010, 04:01:27 PM
Liked the show, but although I was in the phish.com pics front row, I thought the first set killed the second.  Not to hate cuz I wouldn't be here if the boys weren't the rulers of listening but the second set seemed rushed at first like they played the fyf for a fun choice and that (being the first one I've seen) was at that.  It seemed trey was kinda off his game during this and threw in the teases when the rest of the guys didn't know it was coming at all and seemed to be caught off guard making it more of a "throw it out there for fun" rather than build it like jenga as they usually do.  I say this having seen it and thought Trey was having a blast as was I but think the fyf teases were sloppy and didn't think it brought any great energy to the table.  I feel it threw the flow off from the first set which was smoking and definitely in concentration by all 4 members.  Even the solo if you listen to it in fyf trey was missing the timing meter.  The first time they played fyf in the summer was the best cuz it seemed every note was right there and they seemed to have rehearsed it.  If you also think about it the mike's was fairly sloppy all in good fun though, (i think) because of the fyf teases.  I feel they couldn't grab the tightness and just mudded their way through the mike's till light happened which they love and is great but followed by 20 years later definitely didn't have the energy through the roof.  Love fast enough for you and after all this I feel set the pace for the rest of the show which started to come together again at that point but every jam including Weekapaug was very quiet and low energy but definitely not sloppy at all after light.  They played at this level greatly and it was cool to see them recognize this and keep the energy as it was the rest of the show as if you remember the ripping reba encore's jam was so soft and gentle and never peaked.  It went into that heavy riff part in the middle of the jam and fish started a little manteca over heavy ambience.  They then kicked back into the reba melody without ever taking it over the top when they ended it I think for this reason it was an epic show for them to ride the casually low energy vibe and keep it real while not having to try and force the volume or speed up.  It was a very different kind of second set that made it good for me and the fact that they didn't do anything but go with what was there.  Ya you could say Trey could have played fyf better and it may have changed the show but the outcome obviously would've never happened.  I was psyched to be there and in the front for most until I gave the spot to a hottie who asked me for it.

There's a button on your keyboard I'd like to introduce you to... it's over on the right and it says "enter."

Using the "enter" button will separate your massive conglomerate of words into paragraphs that are much easier for your reader to digest.

k-thanx-bai.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

qop24

Things I liked:

but although I was in the phish.com pics front row, I thought the first set killed the second.

I wouldn't be here if the boys weren't the rulers of listening

I was psyched to be there and in the front for most until I gave the spot to a hottie who asked me for it.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

McGrupp

Quote from: qop24 on November 12, 2010, 11:18:57 AM
Things I liked:

but although I was in the phish.com pics front row, I thought the first set killed the second.

I was psyched to be there and in the front for most until I gave the spot to a hottie who asked me for it.

No clock skills, but look! He can quote!  :wink:
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Lifeboy

Quote from: qop24 on November 12, 2010, 11:18:57 AM
Things I liked:

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

JPhishman

Just got goosebumps from this Reba while driving around town. All I can say is

Yeah Phish!!!!
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

mehead

Giving this one my first full listen since being at the show.  Fun as shit 1st set    :banana:

:smoke:
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mehead

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

mehead

might have to slide this into the Top 3 of Phall Tour ahead of Chucktown

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

birdman

Paug FTMFW!