News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

09/02 - Dick's Sporting Goods Park - Denver, CO - Live Setlist Thread

Started by aphineday, September 02, 2012, 10:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Play_It_Leo

Seems like the ship is sinking tonight... I was afraid they wouldn't be able to keep up with the previous 2 nights.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

Gumbo72203

"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

gainesvillegreen

In all fairness, Rift has been well played - I wish with that level of attention to detail it had been Horn, but I like Rift regardless.
I know it isn't easy for Trey to play anymore.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

gainesvillegreen

LOL.
After all these years, Trey is still pleased with himself for writing that Free lick. Look at that shit eating grin  :-D
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

Play_It_Leo

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on September 02, 2012, 11:05:47 PM
In all fairness, Rift has been well played - I wish with that level of attention to detail it had been Horn, but I like Rift regardless.
I know it isn't easy for Trey to play anymore.

True, aside from the DWD lyrics and maybe a minor flub here and there, it's at least been a well-played set, though not terribly exciting. A couple years ago I wasn't sure I'd ever hear a Rift played decently again.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

Gumbo72203

unless they take the middle out for a walk one of these days, I'm perfectly fine with Free being retired forever.  The song just really does absolutely nothing for me. 

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Gumbo72203

and honestly, whenever they play Free, I cannot help but get a vibe of "Hey, we're not really invested in this set, so...  here's this shit we know we can make sound okay in our sleep". 

now, if Trey tagged a jam onto it here, well.... we'd have a different story.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 02, 2012, 11:09:21 PM
unless they take the middle out for a walk one of these days, I'm perfectly fine with Free being retired forever.  The song just really does absolutely nothing for me.

And that is why you shall forever be the padawan.

aphineday

If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

rowjimmy

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Gumbo72203

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 02, 2012, 11:14:32 PM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 02, 2012, 11:09:21 PM

And that is why you shall forever be the padawan.

I mean, its not that i dislike it.  Thats not the case at all.  Its weird, I just...  I mean, unless it comes out of some DEEEEEEEP space exploration, and bubbles to the surface naturally, rather than Trey just arbitrarily strumming the intro....   

I mean, Free has this massive potential.  The song is written so that it could be CRUSHHHHING, but....  it just doesn't seem to have fulfilled itself for me ever, at least live.

So, thats the basis for my feeling on it.  Plus, its overplayed now and never has anything done with it.  I say that the song could be retired forever, so that my only association with it would be the Billy Breathes version, which *IS phantomenal. 

Alumni

No Bowie so far this run?

Dare I hope for a non-by-the-numbers version in an hour or so?
Cause I got a degree

aphineday

If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Alumni

Cause I got a degree