News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Official Ticketmaster Strategy Thread

Started by bluecaravan521, October 14, 2008, 07:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPhishman

Quote from: bluecaravan521 on October 14, 2008, 07:22:31 PM
Also another part to consider- we can't purchase all three nights at once? How do we circumvent this issue?
Good point, I seem to remember having to make separate transactions for each night of a run in the past........ 3 computers with each one making a run at each night? Maybe two browsers per computer? I have never tried ie and firefox simultaneously for this purpose, think that is a legit advantage?
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

mattstick

2 browsers, 1 machine is a bad strategy.  Tickets can disappear from your cart, error messages can happen - I would avoid it.

bluecaravan521

Do you think multiple TM accounts are necessary when using multiple machines?
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

mattstick

bluecaravan521

So Mattstick, you seem to be an authority on this subject.  Which of these would work best in your opinion:

1) multiple computers - 1 show per computer
2) multiple houses/ip addresses

And in conjunction, at each computer:

A) 1 show, 1 window
B) All 3 shows, 3 separate windows
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

mattstick

I wouldn't even try for Friday.

I would have a couple computers on Saturday and a couple on Sunday, 1 window each.

JPhishman

Quote from: mattstick on October 14, 2008, 08:54:43 PM

ha, just bag it huh? I dont think so. I'm not goin out like that. but I'm also def not buying a plane ticket without a friday ticket, being shut out would be too devastating
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

bluecaravan521

I'm going for friday no matter what...It may be impossible but I've gotta try at the very least to hear the first notes of this new era.

bluecaravan521

Sorry to post twice in a row, but I have a general TM question- when you purchase tickets (I forget now), do you have to do the Security Box (which I ALWAYS fuck up) before you retrieve tickets or after?  That could be a real problem for me...Also I went on to ticketmaster and did a couple test fake purchases, and it sent me to this "TicketWeb" or something like that site...what's up with that?

kellerb

Quote from: mattstick on October 14, 2008, 08:54:43 PM

I would have a couple computers on Saturday and a couple on Sunday, 1 window each.

In case you guys don't know, I suspect he means that EVERYONE will be trying for friday first, and shut out of the other two nights.  The wise choice is to grab sat-sun tickets more easily and then barter.

Caravan2001

have we determined what the limit is per show- 2,4, or 6?

blatboom

Quote from: caravan2001 on October 14, 2008, 10:44:00 PM
have we determined what the limit is per show- 2,4, or 6?

from phish.com

QuoteTickets go on sale to the public on Saturday, October 18th at 10 AM EST and may be purchased online at http://ticketmaster.com or by phone at 757.671.8100, 757.872.8100 or 804.262.8100. Tickets will not be available at the venue box office and there is a two-ticket limit per show.

so not optimistic about this.
:|

bluecaravan521

I suppose though, that this policy will slow the flow of tickets being bought up, won't it?

blatboom

Quote from: bluecaravan521 on October 14, 2008, 10:56:46 PM
I suppose though, that this policy will slow the flow of tickets being bought up, won't it?

I suppose so.  but the brokers are gonna get theirs to be sure.

blatboom

here's a question:

at work, we have 4 computers within about 10-15 feet of each other.  If I have TM.com open on all 4 and work between them, is that better than multiple tabs on one PC?  I mean, they're on the same network, but do they have different IP addresses or does that matter??