News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/04/2017 - MSG, New York, NY

Started by aphineday, August 04, 2017, 11:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kellerb

Bob & Tom in the morning, and

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 09, 2017, 05:31:48 PM
Classic Rock (10 hours of 60's, 70's and 80's rock)

All Day Long

PIE-GUY

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 09, 2017, 08:55:32 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 09, 2017, 02:06:30 PM
You were passed out at 11:48?

Sounds fishy to me.

I think PG may have had one too many and let his true feelings slip...

There is simply no way this happened. If anything I would have gotten more and more belligerent in my hatred for fuckerpants.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 10, 2017, 01:37:01 PM

Sounds fishy to me.

There is simply no way this happened. If anything I would have gotten more and more belligerent in my hatred for fuckerpants.

You seemed pretty cheerful this weekend...

ph92

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 10, 2017, 02:48:40 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 10, 2017, 01:37:01 PM

Sounds fishy to me.

You seemed pretty cheerful this weekend...
He was getting pretty mad when I was teasing him about Caspian after the show :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Gumbo72203

Quote from: VDB on August 06, 2017, 06:13:45 PM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on August 06, 2017, 04:29:01 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 06, 2017, 04:01:38 PM
I had no gripes w/ Fish's vox. One of the coolest covers they've ever done imo

Yeah this.  I think you guys are all just jaded lol.  But seriously, we know Fishman's vocals aren't good.  That's the charm.  To me it makes perfect sense for them to have him sing Radiohead.  Radiohead is so serious.  Phish is not.  It's the perfect juxtaposition.  I listened to it again yesterday and still loved it. 

It's all about the energy, Brad.

Don't you go dragging me into this.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

My Bittersweet Motel pun apparently did not land. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Hicks

I honestly thought the vocals on Strawberry Letter 23 and 1999 were worse than EIIRP.   

Fish "made it his own". 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Hicks on August 10, 2017, 08:51:17 PM
I honestly thought the vocals on Strawberry Letter 23 and 1999 were worse than EIIRP.   

Fish "made it his own".

Agreed.

Phish completely 'did their own thing' with Everyhing in its Right Place. I mean... is there even guitar, keys, electric bass, and acoustic drums on that original track? As far as I can remember, it's a concoction of digital computer/synth noises put together (geniusly) by Nigel Godrich and Thom Yorke. The fact that they even attempted to recreate that soundscape is imprsssive.

Yeah, fish iisnt the greatest singer, but I thought it was perfect for him. No one in Phish can 'do' Thom York, so why not have it be Fish.
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 10, 2017, 09:03:47 PM
Quote from: Hicks on August 10, 2017, 08:51:17 PM

Fish "made it his own".

Agreed.

Phish completely 'did their own thing' with Everyhing in its Right Place. I mean... is there even guitar, keys, electric bass, and acoustic drums on that original track? As far as I can remember, it's a concoction of digital computer/synth noises put together (geniusly) by Nigel Godrich and Thom Yorke. The fact that they even attempted to recreate that soundscape is imprsssive.

Yeah, fish iisnt the greatest singer, but I thought it was perfect for him. No one in Phish can 'do' Thom York, so why not have it be Fish.

Sure sounds like a rhodes or a wurli on there, other than that though I think it's all synth, drum machine and voice. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

Mike is fantastic in this No Man's.
Is this still Wombat?